Acura TSX Forum banner

Steering wheel shakes between 55 and 65 mph

3K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  Neche 
#1 ·
I have had this 08 accurate TSX for a little over a year. I have been having a steering wheel shake between 55 and 65 mph sense I bought it. I have already bought new Firestone firehawks Also new rims. Replace the hubs and bearings. Replaced lower control arms due to front bushings cracked. Everything else looks tight under the front in period have had the tires rebalanced and rotate it at several different shops and can't seem to shake this steering wheel shimmy. Any suggestions at all would be much appreciated.

Thanks

#3 ·
It's not easy finding the cause of steering wheel shimmy.
- I replaced upper control arms on some Hondas and it tighten-up the steering feel.
- Could be tierods, inner and/or outer.
- Could be drive shafts.
- Could be shocks.
- Could be brake discs (out of balance)

#5 ·
If your certain that it's not coming from your wheels/tires, then I would check the inboard CV joints. TSX's are known to have excessive wear on them. I just swapped my Axles and Joints with replacements from a company called Raxles. They sell beefed up OEM axles for less than Acura, and I highly recommend them. Lifetime warranty and silky smooth power delivery.

#7 ·
Thanks to everyone who has replied to this post. Here is the update Had my tires rebalanced in rotated and now the shake is between 55 and 60 and 60 MPH and above drives smooth So I am assuming I am just having bad luck with new tires Sense this is my 2nd set. I am hearing a little noise from the passenger wheel under acceleration mechanic told me that my Carrier bearing between the split shaft is going bad could that also cause a slight shake And the steering wheel at certain speeds

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.