Has your AC failed? Report it here! - Page 3 - Acura TSX Forum
 3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 218 (permalink) Old 05-09-2012, 11:50 AM
hangry

Send a message via AIM to waldo98
I have a 2006 TSX with around 162k on it and the AC recently went out. I don't hear the compressor kick in when I turn on the AC. =(
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 218 (permalink) Old 05-10-2012, 03:21 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by waldo98 View Post
I have a 2006 TSX with around 162k on it and the AC recently went out. I don't hear the compressor kick in when I turn on the AC. =(

Ok now im worried
post #33 of 218 (permalink) Old 05-13-2012, 09:38 PM
PhisaggiN

06 AT w/ 137k AC just started blowing hot today in 104 degree heat. 45 minutes into a 2 hour drive home. Haven't taken a look at it yet.

Update.
Hole in the receiver pipe. Gotta get a quote from Acura(free loaner) and Honda (gotta rent a car) tomorrow.

Update 2
Acura wanted $550 to replace pipe and evacuate/recharge AC. Bout the $70 part went home replaced in 10 minutes and back at Acura now to do the recharge. Can't believe they wanted $330 for labor on something that took me so little time. If I had the two wrenches and socket with me I should have replaced it in their lot.

2006 Premium White Pearl/Parchment - 5AT Navi

K&N Drop In // Reflash // TB Bypass // Koni SP3 w/ Tanabe DF210 // Progress RSB // Ingalls Rear Camber Kit // 18" Carbon Bronze HFP Wheels // R1 X-Drilled|Slotted Rotors // Hawk HPS // 3000K HID Fogs // Ceramic Tint // iSimple // Myron Davis Ad212 // Backup Camera // JL 10w3v3 // Fiberglass Woofer Enclosure // Alpine MRD-M605 Amp // M3 Lip // Rear Window Wing // Custom Front Grille // Blackout Trim // LED Footwell lighting // LED Cup Holders // Graphite EDM Accord Floormats

AZ RePRESENTiN BiTCHES!

Last edited by Phisigbrotha; 05-14-2012 at 01:13 PM.

post #34 of 218 (permalink) Old 05-13-2012, 09:57 PM
Registered Member

I have a 04 tsx with 75000 miles. Today the AC stopped working and there was some smoke coming from where the compressor is. I didnt hear any noises but my music was pretty loud. I was already bringing my car in for an oil change so Im gonna have them check it out. Is there any way to tell if its the compressor or relay before I bring it in so they dont try to screw me?
post #35 of 218 (permalink) Old 05-17-2012, 07:11 PM
n00b TSX owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDMJarrod View Post
Always been serviced at a Honda/Acura dealership.

Brother is a technician at a Honda dealer. He called to tell me I suffered the Black Death as well. I'm good friends with the PO and he had no idea, then again who uses AC in the winter.

Not looking forward to buying a new ac compressor.

*edit. Our cars aren't the only ones doing it. The accords and CRVs have this problem. Honda won't do anything about it because it isn't a safety issue. The compressor, new one, is a redesigned unit.

Same thing with our factory starters..
Update. Tore the system open, I got lucky. No black death, the filter caught the little bit that came out the system. Flushed the system completely and installed new compressor.

Honda does NOT send a new clutch/stator set with the compressor. My stator was bad, most likely due to when the compressor locked up it caused the sator to stick on and burnt it up.

So make sure you order the compressor AND the clutch AND the stator. (Truthfully I did NOT order the clutch set as my pulley made no noise and my clutch didn't look damaged. If it chatters then I'll order a new one aswell, 171 dollars.

So far I have into it.

1 Compressor. - 38810-RBB-A01 - 440 dollars.
1 Filter set 45 dollars
1 12pack.
and now 1 Stator set at 77$.

I lucked out. Others that venture through my local Honda dealership aren't as lucky.

Ramey Built - RameyBuilt.Com 757-689-0110
'92 Integra GS-R- 200whp '06 TSX - Baby Mobile
post #36 of 218 (permalink) Old 05-19-2012, 07:13 PM
Registered Member

174,000 My AC was working fine then i turned the car again and felt the warm air coming out. thought it could be Freon so bought it and apparently the system has way to much pressure that i cant even put the freon on...?? weird, but then i do notice when i press my AC on button i feel the AC taking the power of the AC but dont see the clutch engage..wonder what the hell it could be since summer is almost here.
post #37 of 218 (permalink) Old 05-21-2012, 08:01 PM
Registered Member

Send a message via Skype™ to Young Prince
I have 2004. My compressor exploded at about 90K. Replaced with a rebuilt compressor for about $300 including install. I'm at 142K now no issues, just had to refill the freon(I don't know if I spelt that right) a couple months ago. That was probably the worst summer of my entire life. AC is a MUST in south Florida.
post #38 of 218 (permalink) Old 05-24-2012, 11:10 PM
victormone

my ac failed before.. replaced it.. worked fine for 40k miles.. now its blowing hot air... dont hear my compressor kicking on... anyone here had the relay replaced and it was fixed?? or its just a freon thing?
post #39 of 218 (permalink) Old 05-27-2012, 01:35 AM
Registered Member

No compressor issues but my fan has burnt out twice. The second time, I got it replace free as the first repair was still under warranty.
post #40 of 218 (permalink) Old 05-29-2012, 01:38 PM
Registered Member

going to the dealer this friday for an A/C recharge. I hope the compressor did not blow....

2005 NHB - NAVI - 6MT
post #41 of 218 (permalink) Old 05-29-2012, 02:44 PM
Registered Member

A/C Failed

I have a 2004 TSX with 112K miles and it just went out.

The best price I can get is around $1,500 to fix it. Considering this and the fact that I will be needing tires soon I may just sell it as I don't relish the thought of reinvesting roughly half the value of the car back into it. At 112K I know the struts will need replaced soon and there's another $1K and so on and so on.

Anyone in DFW want a TSX for about $5,500?
post #42 of 218 (permalink) Old 06-01-2012, 09:02 PM
ReD + Devil

Garage
So its been hot around here last few days, had it looked at, compressor housing is blown in half lol

'04 6mt 130,000 miles

TLS CRV TSX Civic Z3

DIY--->VSA ALWAYS OFF

post #43 of 218 (permalink) Old 06-06-2012, 02:41 PM
victormone

well my ac compressor failed again today. TWICE so far..
post #44 of 218 (permalink) Old 06-12-2012, 12:26 PM
Registered Member

AC started blowing hot. The compressor still kicks on at idle. Hooked up gauges to it and discovered I had no freon in the system. Had it charged up with UV die in the mix. Not sure if there is a leak or not yet. Time will tell.
04 with 118k miles.
post #45 of 218 (permalink) Old 06-19-2012, 12:54 PM
Registered Member

First-time visitor. I saw this thread and had to register.

2004 6M w/Navi here, purchased new on April 1, 2004.

Mine went about two years ago at ~64,000 miles and it was... dramatic.

Car had been flawless up to that point. Went out, turned the car on and as soon as the A/C came on I heard a LOUD sound like gravel in a blender. It was very sudden, no warning, A/C was working perfectly the day before. Scared the crap outta me!

Brought it in to the dealer and they ended up keeping it for more than a week, not for the repair but it took that long for them to approve the warranty coverage. They gave me a loaner for the duration. I'd have to go find the bill, but as I recall lines, clutch, coil, condensor, compressor -- the works -- all needed replacement. Thankfully it was covered -- the service manager told me "Remember when you paid extra for that extended warranty? Well today is the day it paid for itself." -- All it cost me was the diagnostic charge and the huge amount of stress.

The thing is, I still have the car and now out of extended warranty. I'm at about 86,000 miles now and I have been debating if it's time for something new...

Reading this thread -- and seeing it has happened more than once to some folks -- has me almost ready to call a dealer today! This is one repair I would not want to make again, particularly out of pocket.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement