Best coilovers for 2007 TSX?? - Page 2 - Acura TSX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-03-2015, 12:49 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEEOGRAPHY View Post
I'm personally leaning towards the Bilstein and Eibach Prokit combo for a upgraded DD setup, however the Tein SA's sound great for a more aggressive DD setup. I just don't need all the height adjustability. I just want something that'll ride great, handle fairly well, and minimize the wheel gap once I slap on my 18"s.

Tein SA's are anything but agressive. They're very soft. I have to leave mine at almost the stiffest setting to get the suspension to not float around. The softest settings are useless. The car feels like a 1970's cadillac. On fully soft, I can get the car bouncing down the road by tapping the brakes. Seriously.

The teins feel very european when you stiffen them, though. Not quite as refined as something like a Bilstein PSS9 kit. But even being able to slightly compare them to a PSS9 is a HUGE compliment. They don't make PSS9's for the TSX, unfortunately. Or I'd be all up in thems.

Bilstein HD (B6's) are sold for the TSX, however. They are great shocks...and if you're not interested in adjustability, the Eibach prokit and B6 combination is excellent. Bilsteins are probably some of the best dampers out there. I can't say anything bad about them at all.

If I had to choose again, I would have a hard time deciding between Tein SA's or Bilsteins with ground controls. I think the SA's would win out because of the damper adjustment. While its hard to argue with the build quality and reputation of Bilstein....I like adjusting the suspension for different situations and/or moods. Because I'm a nerd/weirdo. And the Teins have an excellent feel.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-03-2015, 12:51 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by theelkster View Post
I think I'm going to go with the Tein street advance. I've been looking into those and comparing them to the street basis. In your opinion which one do you think would be best?
Street advance, hands down. They're not even $100 more. The adjustable damping is 100% worth it. The Basis are nice, but the ride is more agressive....and you can't change it if you don't like it. I feel like the Basis wouls be borderline too agressive for some people.

I wouldn't skimp out over $60-90.
post #18 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-03-2015, 11:24 AM
After 5-10 Guinness

Location: Hessen, Germany/Ontario, Canada/Louisiana, USA/Worldwide, Earth

Garage
From my own experience, I can say for sure the H&R Cup kit is close to stock, with a way better handling. They are only height adjustable via threaded locking nuts. I have a maybe 2 cm gap above the tires. Car has of yet (5yrs) not bottomed out once. Wife finds they make her boobies dance a little, I do not mind....

ACC-Man

MODS: this is my 300th post in 6 yrs... where's my present/marching band/la ola???

Try it!!! You only die once...

The best engine in the world is the Vagina;
It can be started with one finger. It's self lubricating.
It takes any size piston, and changes it's own oil every 4 weeks.
It is only a pity that the management system is so f....g temperamental.

post #19 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-18-2019, 10:25 PM
Registered Member

Hate to hijack a post, i dont know how to work this forum very well, what is the hughest quality coil over available for a $700 to $1300 range? I want sometging bullet proof, that can handle 450 whp, that might accidently be used for racing like four times a month?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement