Acura TSX Forum

Acura TSX Forum (https://www.tsxclub.com/forums/)
-   1st Gen - Suspension, ... (https://www.tsxclub.com/forums/1st-gen-suspension/)
-   -   Best coilovers for 2007 TSX?? (https://www.tsxclub.com/forums/1st-gen-suspension/154105-best-coilovers-2007-tsx.html)

theelkster 11-11-2015 03:20 PM

Best coilovers for 2007 TSX??
 
I'm wondering what the best everyday coilovers would be.. My budget is around ~600 maybe 700. I drive my car at least 80 miles per day. The streets I drive on are relatively bumpy, it really just depends on if the city wants to fix the potholes or not. Thanks in advance!!!

Holden_B_Lunts 11-11-2015 05:46 PM

Tein Street Advance or Bilstein HD shocks with Eibach Pro Kit springs. Better ride than stock, excellent quality, and right in your price range.

onyxeros 11-13-2015 05:55 PM

with that budget why do you want coilovers?

theelkster 11-13-2015 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by onyxeros (Post 1594825)
with that budget why do you want coilovers?

I was thinking about getting springs but I want to be able to adjust my height. I'm probably going to save up so I can get something good.

Holden_B_Lunts 11-15-2015 03:18 PM

My suggestions were both excellent options for your price range. One of them is a matched spring/shock coilover.

What, in your opinion, is "good"? Something with more features?

theelkster 11-16-2015 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Holden_B_Lunts (Post 1595153)
My suggestions were both excellent options for your price range. One of them is a matched spring/shock coilover.

What, in your opinion, is "good"? Something with more features?

I'm actually looking into your suggestions. "Good" to me is something that won't go bad fast. The streets in my city are pretty bad sometimes. Especially after it rains.

Holden_B_Lunts 11-17-2015 09:09 PM

I have had my Tein street advances on my 1G TSX for about 40k miles and 2 Chicagoland winters. They look and perform like they're new. The ride is way better than stock, and they have all the right features for a street car. I have driven the car in Chicago, NYC, Detroit, and Toronto. So...they've seen some shit. The car is my DD. I have other cars with other suspension systems...and the SA's are one of my favorite street coilovers.

ST ST-X's (KW) are another great option...but...honestly...the Teins might be a better option considering price and features.

If you chose the Bilstein option, they have a lifetime warranty...and match very well with Eibach prokit springs...which also have a lifetime warranty.

Any of the above options ride better than the stock suspension.

You cannot slam a car with any of the above because that's not what they're for. I have my 1G lowered about 2.25", which is significant...but leaves enough wheel travel for potholes, dips, etc. I set them up within Tein's recommended height. Install them properly and they'll last and last.

supafamous 11-18-2015 10:04 AM

https://www.heeltoeauto.com/neuspeed...upkit.acc.html - also a good option.

But once you drop more than an inch you're going to need a camber kit for the rear so that blows your budget.

Holden_B_Lunts 11-18-2015 10:46 AM

I wouldn't say you *need* a camber kit. I left my rear camber at the -2.5 degrees that happens naturally. The front is between -1 and -1.5, IIRC. Although its not a bad idea to fix the geometry. If you decide you want to fix the camber/toe curve....I'd buy adjustable rear lower control arms. They're like $100/pair.

chompedSD 11-20-2015 12:48 AM

I'm planning on getting the street advanced coils myself.

supafamous 11-21-2015 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Holden_B_Lunts (Post 1595777)
I wouldn't say you *need* a camber kit. I left my rear camber at the -2.5 degrees that happens naturally. The front is between -1 and -1.5, IIRC. Although its not a bad idea to fix the geometry. If you decide you want to fix the camber/toe curve....I'd buy adjustable rear lower control arms. They're like $100/pair.

The one other reason to get a camber kit to minimize rear camber is for handling benefits. More rear negative camber = more understeer.

I'm only lowered .5" in the back and my camber is -1.8 and that's easy to visually. If I lower further with Konis I'd definitely invest in a a camber kit.

rathos 11-21-2015 07:24 PM

I thought about coilovers as well, and price wasn't really an issue, but decided to go with Koni Yellows and Eibach pro kit. it rides awesome, cut out the wheel gap with my 18s I was able to get both on sale paying 733.93 shipped to my door. The Koni's have a life time warranty and the eibachs have a 11 million mile warranty, so I know they will outlast the car (I have about 83K on my 2006 TSX now). The shop I took it to is pretty cool and adjusted it a few times for me. The struts are on the middle tier.

So far I haven't went over about 90, but it corners a lot better and I notice there isn't as much nose dip. I have taken it on some pretty bumpy/rough roads and I haven't had any issues yet.

Holden_B_Lunts 11-21-2015 11:38 PM

Koni yellows are great shocks overall. But I wanted something more refined...so I bought the Tein SA. That *might* sound weird...but I like that the damper knob on the Teins will adjust low speed bump and rebound. I find that overdamping for bump (slightly) makes the car more enjoyable, but not harsh. The Teins don't have seperated adjustments...but both curves seem to travel together in a really well thought out way for a comfortable setup that's also fun.

Tein SA's are about the same price as Koni/Eibach...and they're height adjustable as well as damping adjustable. And tein's quality has always been very good.

If you really want a set of seperate shocks and springs instead of a matched setup, I would suggest Bilstein over Koni....even though Bilsteins aren't damping adjustable.

BTW, the lifetime warranty covers defects. I don't believe it covers wear. A rebuild to refresh the shocks would cost money. The teins are rebuildable as well.

theelkster 11-28-2015 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Holden_B_Lunts (Post 1596337)
Koni yellows are great shocks overall. But I wanted something more refined...so I bought the Tein SA. That *might* sound weird...but I like that the damper knob on the Teins will adjust low speed bump and rebound. I find that overdamping for bump (slightly) makes the car more enjoyable, but not harsh. The Teins don't have seperated adjustments...but both curves seem to travel together in a really well thought out way for a comfortable setup that's also fun.

Tein SA's are about the same price as Koni/Eibach...and they're height adjustable as well as damping adjustable. And tein's quality has always been very good.

If you really want a set of seperate shocks and springs instead of a matched setup, I would suggest Bilstein over Koni....even though Bilsteins aren't damping adjustable.

BTW, the lifetime warranty covers defects. I don't believe it covers wear. A rebuild to refresh the shocks would cost money. The teins are rebuildable as well.

I think I'm going to go with the Tein street advance. I've been looking into those and comparing them to the street basis. In your opinion which one do you think would be best?

JEEOGRAPHY 11-29-2015 01:39 PM

I'm personally leaning towards the Bilstein and Eibach Prokit combo for a upgraded DD setup, however the Tein SA's sound great for a more aggressive DD setup. I just don't need all the height adjustability. I just want something that'll ride great, handle fairly well, and minimize the wheel gap once I slap on my 18"s.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:14 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome