Hawk Performance Sector 27 - Acura TSX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-30-2017, 10:22 PM Thread Starter
Registered Member

Hawk Performance Sector 27

Hey folks. I'm in the process of getting my brakes done and was thinking of trying something a little different. I've been a long time user of Hawk HP pads. But now I have been getting curious on their Sector 27 Rotors. I've been lookin online at reviews and they have been positive so far. But I would like to hear from some of y'all TSX brethren about them. Has anybody on her here hear anything about these rotors? Good, bad ugly or all of the above? and if so would be worth the purchase? Thanks Inn advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-03-2017, 04:37 AM
@fsocietytsx
 photo 15_zps17d8f38c.png

My combination used to be Hawk HPS pads with Stoptech Rotors. I am still using the rotors but changes to Hawk DTC 70 with Endless brake fluid. It works very well, though i will be upgrading to Stoptech BBK over the winter.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-03-2017, 10:55 AM Thread Starter
Registered Member

I've heard nothing but great reviews on Stoptech. I haven't tried them yet. They would be my second choice. I may go that route but not th BBK though. I'm using my TSX as my daily driver. How are the DTC 70? How excessive is the. Rake dust?

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-04-2017, 04:56 AM
@fsocietytsx
 photo 15_zps17d8f38c.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by kryngle View Post
I've heard nothing but great reviews on Stoptech. I haven't tried them yet. They would be my second choice. I may go that route but not th BBK though. I'm using my TSX as my daily driver. How are the DTC 70? How excessive is the. Rake dust?
Not excessive at all and my brakes get quite hot at times.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-05-2017, 08:44 PM
Premium Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kryngle View Post
Hey folks. I'm in the process of getting my brakes done and was thinking of trying something a little different. I've been a long time user of Hawk HP pads. But now I have been getting curious on their Sector 27 Rotors. I've been lookin online at reviews and they have been positive so far. But I would like to hear from some of y'all TSX brethren about them. Has anybody on her here hear anything about these rotors? Good, bad ugly or all of the above? and if so would be worth the purchase? Thanks Inn advance.
My stock TSX does not have any overheating issues during multiple 30 minute HPDE sessions. I'm running front DTC60's and rear DTC30's on stock rotors so it's hard for me to justify the cost of Sector 27's. That's my 2 cents.

2004 TSX Base
K&N Typhoon
Over 200K Miles!
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-18-2018, 09:47 AM
Registered Member

What are the best pads for a stock brake caliper - primarily street use? I'm OK with more dust if those pads help the car stop better. Hawk HPS? Hawk HPS 5.0?

I had to hit my brakes hard in traffic last week, and I wasn't satisfied with my braking performance. Thankfully I wasn't that close to the car that pulled out in front of me. I would upgrade to bigger/better calipers, but don't want to purchase new wheels just to add them, and I'm also not a fan of spacers.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-12-2018, 04:16 PM Thread Starter
Registered Member

Dead thread back to life... Well I am running the Hawk Sector 27 and Hawk HP and and I must say. I am very impressed by these. Very sleek and quiet. Very impressed with the response. I love the fact all I have to do is tap on the brakes to slow/stop the car. They even look good on the whip. I would definitely recommend them to try out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement