04-08 TSX Genesis Brembo Setup (Hub Size?) - Acura TSX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-07-2019, 10:27 AM Thread Starter
Registered Member

Talking 04-08 TSX Genesis Brembo Setup (Hub Size?)

Sup TSXClub,

Since there have been a couple of people fitting in Genesis Brembo Calipers w/ 14-17 Nissan Rogue 3rd Row Rotors on our 1st Gen TSX, I thought id give it a try since it doesn't require any brackets to install.

I am no expert when it comes to Hub center bores and Hub rings, but since our 04-08 TSX Center bore is 64.1mm and the 14-17 Nissan Rogue Rotor Center bore is 68.1mm (I believe), are there any Hub Rings that are specifically made for Hub to Rotor to center it? I know I needed it for my Enkei Nt03s or any aftermarket wheels but I have never heard of a Hub Ring being fitted for the Hub to Rotor.

Now for the next question. Since my Enkei Nt03s 9.5" +40 has a Hub of 72.62mm do I have to buy new Hub Rings to be fitted from the Nissan Rogues center bore or do I still use the same one provided to me when I installed the rims to my TSX? Or am I out to lunch and overthinking everything LOL!

Im pretty sure I will need some spacers to clear this BBK, probably 5-10mm, do I buy spacers with a Hub Rings Centers on it? Can I use my aftermarket Wheel Lug Nuts previously used or do I have to buy a new set of Open Ended Lug Nuts?
Im planning to do this all in my garage and would like to have everything so I can tackle it all in one go. Thanks in advance for your input!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	disc brake1.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	125.0 KB
ID:	38999  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-07-2019, 02:01 PM
Registered Member

The thing I'd be most worried about is whether or not the rotor is lug centric. Meaning the lug sizes are the same diameter as the TSX. With the RL calipers the brembo equipped 350z rotors are not lug centric and need the ring to keep them centered on the wheel studs.

I've been looking into this swap awhile now too - hoping someone can chime in with more info.

Definitely try to get hub centric wheel spacers. I personally wouldn't run more than 5mm spacers without going with extended wheel studs. Some people will tell you 10mm is fine, I'm not one of them.

The genesis calipers are quite large though right? You might need more than 10mm. Although I haven't seen it all bolted up to verify. Lugs will depend if you go with extended wheel studs or not.

2004 NHBP TSX 6-speed non-navi with 335,000 miles and counting
Build Thread: https://goo.gl/rTAMlj
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-07-2019, 02:22 PM Thread Starter
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSXXXX View Post
The thing I'd be most worried about is whether or not the rotor is lug centric. Meaning the lug sizes are the same diameter as the TSX. With the RL calipers the brembo equipped 350z rotors are not lug centric and need the ring to keep them centered on the wheel studs.

I've been looking into this swap awhile now too - hoping someone can chime in with more info.

Definitely try to get hub centric wheel spacers. I personally wouldn't run more than 5mm spacers without going with extended wheel studs. Some people will tell you 10mm is fine, I'm not one of them.

The genesis calipers are quite large though right? You might need more than 10mm. Although I haven't seen it all bolted up to verify. Lugs will depend if you go with extended wheel studs or not.
Thanks for the reply TSXXXX, apparently Fastbrakes supplies a shim to center the rotor into the hub, I will have to contact them for that info.
Oh i guess i missed the first part of the question regarding the open ended lug nuts, if I extended the wheel studs in the front would i still be able to use the aftermarket lug nuts on my tsx right now or do i have to purchase a open ended lug?

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-07-2019, 02:56 PM
Registered Member

Oh that question makes more sense. Hard to say. You'll likely need open ended lugs though.

2004 NHBP TSX 6-speed non-navi with 335,000 miles and counting
Build Thread: https://goo.gl/rTAMlj
Sponsored Links
Advertisement