Acura TSX Forum banner

Rear brakes drag after hard stop only

1K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  tylerbonenfant 
#1 ·
Since the winter I've been having an issue with my rear brakes only; after I do a hard stop, both sides will drag. It'll last anywhere from a couple to 10-15 minutes if I keep driving, and will be fine if I just leave my car off for a little while. The first time I had this issue, my D/S rear caliper temporairly seized after leaving my car parked overnight with the parking brake up. After that my parking brake was disconnected, and I didn't have an issue until a couple months later. That's when my rear brakes started dragging after a hard stop. I replaced my rear calipers, pads, shims, and rotors with powerstops, but the issue still occured. Just today I put stainless brake lines in the front and rear hoping that my issue was just going to be collapsed brake hoses in the rear because they did look pretty worn out. Took it for a test drive after everything was done, did a hard stop during the drive, and the rear brakes started dragging again. My parking brake is still disconnected, never reconnected it as a just in case. So basically, I'm just at a loss and wondering what you guys think I should check and do. Thanks in advance.

Edit: On the bright side, my brake pedal feels great now.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.