XM Satellite module location? - Acura TSX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 10-04-2018, 05:06 PM Thread Starter
Registered Member

XM Satellite module location?

I've got a 2011 TSX Base. The XM reception has always been a little wonky, especially compared to my 2010 MDX. Recently, the XM signal reception has gotten worse, to the point where it's no longer receiving a signal. I took it in to my local Acura dealership, and they tell me it's either the module itself, or the antenna. They want almost $300 just to drop the headliner and check out the antenna, with no guarantee that's what the problem is. I can buy a used module online for around $50, and I'd rather try that avenue first before I spend the big bucks to have the antenna replaced. The dealership even gave me the part number for the module, but I believe they only gave me a partial number...I can find plenty of modules with number that are almost the same, but it's like the dealership left out a number or two here and there so that I'd have to go back to them for a module, at $500. I know that the module is located behind the rear seat...but do you have to pull the whole seat out, or can you just pull out the bottom of the seat to get to it? What I want to do is get the actual number off of the module so that I can find the used module that I need to buy. Any help will be greatly appreciated!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement