Throttle Body Spacer + Injen Cold Air Intake - Acura TSX Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By shandalo
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-06-2019, 01:33 AM Thread Starter
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 2
 
iTrader: (0)
Throttle Body Spacer + Injen Cold Air Intake

Hey guys

Big newbie here but me and my dad have been around cars for a while

Our weekend project is to install Silver Bullet Throttle Body Space and Injen Cold Air Intake...

I've seen some videos online about installing both separately. But I have a question.

In this one


He kind of just shoves the CAI back in there and the one mounting bracket is kind of bending (because you've extended the dimensions of where the CAI is attaching) and he kind of just goes with it but the bracket looks like it is barely hanging on.

I've read online other places you are supposed to trim the rubber gasket attaching the CAI to Body spacer

Is that correct? What do you use to trim it with? Or have others just said screw it and just shove the whole thing in there to try and make it fit.

Cheers!
Matt Bartow is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-06-2019, 11:15 PM
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 175
 
iTrader: (2)
Return them both - hit up heel toe they are offering the CT airbox now - if you have to go big pipe AEM is still king, spacer does nothing except heat up and cause turbulence where it's a bad thing.
circuitsports is offline  
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-07-2019, 12:00 AM
@fsocietytsx
 photo 15_zps17d8f38c.png
 
bcp0715's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Mississauga, Ontario Canada
Posts: 370
 
iTrader: (0)
Do what you have to do and make it fit. Whether it's trim the gasket or extend the bracket. If you don't need the spacer I wouldn't run it, but that's my opinion. I once ran a 20mm spacer but that's because I needed to move the TB. Make sense?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Bartow View Post
Hey guys

Big newbie here but me and my dad have been around cars for a while

Our weekend project is to install Silver Bullet Throttle Body Space and Injen Cold Air Intake...

I've seen some videos online about installing both separately. But I have a question.

In this one


He kind of just shoves the CAI back in there and the one mounting bracket is kind of bending (because you've extended the dimensions of where the CAI is attaching) and he kind of just goes with it but the bracket looks like it is barely hanging on.

I've read online other places you are supposed to trim the rubber gasket attaching the CAI to Body spacer

Is that correct? What do you use to trim it with? Or have others just said screw it and just shove the whole thing in there to try and make it fit.

Cheers!
bcp0715 is offline  
 
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-07-2019, 02:46 PM
-
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Calgary, Canada
Posts: 1,553
        
iTrader: (9)
No matter how shiny or pretty the throttle body spacer is, it will do absolutely nothing, so don't buy one nor install one.

Bypassing the throttle body coolant lines is a better mod that costs nothing.

A cold air intake is a good mod since the 1st gen TSX has a factory hot air intake.

A DIY cold air intake is cheapest and as effective as anything you can buy for mildly modified 2.4L TSX.

2006 PWP TSX, 6MT. Wifey's daily driver.

CT short shifter. Hondata reflash. RSX-S underdrive crank pulley. M3 lip, debadged.
DIY CAI/K&N filter. DIY exhaust (both resonators removed). Progress 22mm RSB.
Summer: 17x7.5, ET50mm Sport Edition's. 225/50ZR17 BFG Super Sport A/S.
Winter: 16x6.5, ET45mm OEM RSX. 195/65R16 Nokian winter radials.
CalgaryTSX is offline  
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-08-2019, 08:09 PM
IG: CU2.Goose
 
CU2.Goose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: St. Petersburg, FL
Posts: 7
 
iTrader: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by circuitsports View Post
Return them both - hit up heel toe they are offering the CT airbox now - if you have to go big pipe AEM is still king, spacer does nothing except heat up and cause turbulence where it's a bad thing.
CT Icebox wont be out until spring.
CU2.Goose is offline  
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-09-2019, 12:01 AM
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 175
 
iTrader: (2)
ICB has it in stock in carbon right now - you can also remove the factory resonator box and snorkel for the time being.

https://www.icbmotorsport.com/cteniccoairi1.html
circuitsports is offline  
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-09-2019, 12:01 AM
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: San Antonio, Tx
Posts: 96
 
iTrader: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CalgaryTSX View Post
No matter how shiny or pretty the throttle body spacer is, it will do absolutely nothing, so don't buy one nor install one.

Bypassing the throttle body coolant lines is a better mod that costs nothing.

A cold air intake is a good mod since the 1st gen TSX has a factory hot air intake.

A DIY cold air intake is cheapest and as effective as anything you can buy for mildly modified 2.4L TSX.
Seconded.

My first mod to my 04 was removing the massive resonator box and using bits of the OEM intake to make a cold air that pulls from the drivers fender. My IATs dropped from ambient +30 or +40 down to ambient +7 to +12. Cost: $2 for a gear clamp big enough to hold the rubber elbow on the bottom of the airbox, since it and the piping attached occasionally fell down inside my fender without the clamp.

Second mod was the TB coolant bypass. Could easily feel the difference in temperature on the manifold and TB by touch. Wish I'd had a temp laser to check before and after, but nonetheless it was another $2 mod that helped significantly.
CalgaryTSX likes this.
shandalo is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Acura TSX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
A/C off blows cold air crafol 1st Gen - Problems and Fixes 0 06-19-2018 07:03 PM
Vacuum line under throttle body MarkyMark Engine / Transmission / Exhaust Systems 1 05-15-2018 05:58 PM
2006 TSX Cold Air Intake after-installation issues CL9_Strong 1st Gen - Problems and Fixes 2 03-10-2018 08:19 AM
air conditioning - cold and not cold hondeducation 1st Gen - Car Care, ... 0 11-27-2017 05:42 AM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome