Acura TSX Forum banner

Throttle Body Spacer + Injen Cold Air Intake

5K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  CW2_bonesjones 
#1 ·
Hey guys

Big newbie here but me and my dad have been around cars for a while

Our weekend project is to install Silver Bullet Throttle Body Space and Injen Cold Air Intake...

I've seen some videos online about installing both separately. But I have a question.

In this one

He kind of just shoves the CAI back in there and the one mounting bracket is kind of bending (because you've extended the dimensions of where the CAI is attaching) and he kind of just goes with it but the bracket looks like it is barely hanging on.

I've read online other places you are supposed to trim the rubber gasket attaching the CAI to Body spacer

Is that correct? What do you use to trim it with? Or have others just said screw it and just shove the whole thing in there to try and make it fit.

Cheers!

See less See more
#3 ·
Do what you have to do and make it fit. Whether it's trim the gasket or extend the bracket. If you don't need the spacer I wouldn't run it, but that's my opinion. I once ran a 20mm spacer but that's because I needed to move the TB. Make sense?

#4 ·
No matter how shiny or pretty the throttle body spacer is, it will do absolutely nothing, so don't buy one nor install one.

Bypassing the throttle body coolant lines is a better mod that costs nothing.

A cold air intake is a good mod since the 1st gen TSX has a factory hot air intake.

A DIY cold air intake is cheapest and as effective as anything you can buy for mildly modified 2.4L TSX.

#7 ·
Seconded.

My first mod to my 04 was removing the massive resonator box and using bits of the OEM intake to make a cold air that pulls from the drivers fender. My IATs dropped from ambient +30 or +40 down to ambient +7 to +12. Cost: $2 for a gear clamp big enough to hold the rubber elbow on the bottom of the airbox, since it and the piping attached occasionally fell down inside my fender without the clamp.

Second mod was the TB coolant bypass. Could easily feel the difference in temperature on the manifold and TB by touch. Wish I'd had a temp laser to check before and after, but nonetheless it was another $2 mod that helped significantly.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.