Acura TSX Forum banner

'09 TSX having trouble starting up

9K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  snYpz 
#1 ·
Having problem with my '09 automatic TSX starting up from time to time. The car would crank, but wouldn't turn over. I have to step on the gas pedal a few times before the engine finally start up. Anyone else is having such issue or know what could be the problem?

#4 ·
I had the same issue with my '09. talked to the service manager at my dealer and his wife had a similar problem with their '11. It happened to me when backing out my car of the garage and shutting it off within a few seconds. apparently if the car does not move from the high idle upon start fuel gets "stuck in the system" similar to a flooded engine of the carburetor days. Solution: upon cranking the car, let it come back down to normal idle before shutting it off, aka let it warm up. should just be a few more seconds, but apparently makes a difference. If it happens again, pressing the accellerator is the fix (although feels unnnatural) as it purges the system of excess fuel.

#5 ·
Yes, that's exactly what happened to my car. I moved my car from one spot and into my driveway within a minute. Tried to turn it on again and it would only crank. I then pumped the gas a few times while cranking which would start up fine eventually.

#8 ·
As far as what I was told but this is a common issue with cu2's. Had the ecu reflash but it didn't change this issue. Any time you run the car for a short amount of time and try and restart it you will have the long crank due to slightly flooded motor.

#9 ·
I must have a different problem as my 2010 is harder to start when it sits for an extended period of time (over night or after a 10 hour work shift)

But if i drive it, then park it for an hour or two = it starts right up with no delay! (?)

it's been doing this for a couple weeks

any ideas ?

#11 ·
Guys any updates in terms of info or possible solution besides letting the motor idle longer so the oild doesnt stagnate?

My fathers car has the same issue with starting after backing the car out of the driveway and trying to start it again.
We have checked everything and all appears to be normal.

Thanks in advance.

#13 ·
Thanks. I am quite certain it would have to be fuel or air-fuel related issue, linked to the ecu as u suggested. No one is sure but thats my best guess lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.