Acura TSX Forum banner

Brembo Brake upgrade

7K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  SlowCU2 
#1 ·
I just purchased a 2011 Acura TSX wagon. I installed some 2014 mustang 19” track wheels. I want to upgrade the calipers. I want to see what are my options to up grade. I have read that people purchase genesis brakes. But not sure what rotors and brake pads they use.

#4 ·
In doing this brake upgrade with the RL calipers, I assume our original brake lines or upgraded stainless braided lines with hook into the RL calipers with no problem, correct?

Nevermind, I see that FASTBRAKES includes new banjo bolts. I hope that this setup will clear the OEM 17" wheel......anyone out there have any input on that?

#6 ·
I just did this brake upgrade on my car. I used the RL calipers, FB adapter kit, stoptech steel braided brake lines, Z1 Motorsport drilled/slotted 2pc rotors, and Powerstop sport brake pads. I’m unsure of how many others have done this update, but in my situation I had to file down the mounting point of the knuckle to get the rotor to fit evenly within the caliper.
Most of this is pretty simple to do even with little experience. Although I did need a little assistance when it came to getting the old brake lines off. I did the front and rear brakes (OE replacement except for the brake lines). The entire job took me about two days to complete. The cost for the entire thing was about 1200.
If you are thinking of doing this project have someone on call in case you need something quickly. That saved me on a couple of occasions.

Note: As of right now there is an unidentifiable noise coming from the rear brakes. I will leave an update as soon as the issue is found.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.