Calgary or Alberta TSX's?? - Page 2 - Acura TSX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 94 (permalink) Old 01-28-2010, 08:32 PM
In search of a TSX for me

Just Joined, In Calgary, Will be buying TSX this Spring.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 94 (permalink) Old 01-29-2010, 11:52 AM Thread Starter
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdmTSX View Post
+1 04 TSX in Edmonton but i do travel to Calgary with my TSX a lot!

Welcome EdmTSX, sorry about the Oilers this year!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerSkyliner View Post
Just Joined, In Calgary, Will be buying TSX this Spring.

Welcome FormerSkyliner. Good luck shopping for a TSX.
Take your time & do some research on which year TSX to buy.
Our TSX has been great. It's not perfect but I really like it & my wife totally enjoys it also.

It took me quite a while to find a white 2006 TSX with black interior, low miles, 6speed manual.

Personally, I would avoid the '04's & I would choose a manual trans over an automatic but it's different for everyone.

Good luck...Joe

2006 PWP TSX, 6MT. Wifey's daily driver.

CT short shifter. Hondata reflash. RSX-S underdrive crank pulley. M3 lip, debadged.
DIY CAI/K&N filter. DIY exhaust (both resonators removed). Progress 22mm RSB.
Summer: 17x7.5, ET50mm Sport Edition's. 225/50ZR17 BFG Super Sport A/S.
Winter: 16x6.5, ET45mm OEM RSX. 195/65R16 Nokian winter radials.
post #18 of 94 (permalink) Old 01-29-2010, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalgaryTSX View Post
Welcome FormerSkyliner. Good luck shopping for a TSX.
Take your time & do some research on which year TSX to buy.
Our TSX has been great. It's not perfect but I really like it & my wife totally enjoys it also.

It took me quite a while to find a white 2006 TSX with black interior, low miles, 6speed manual.

Personally, I would avoid the '04's & I would choose a manual trans over an automatic but it's different for everyone.

Good luck...Joe
thanks!

The TSX will be replacing my GT-R because I need something more practical/reliable but still fun to drive.

I planned on getting a 6spd, but other than that I'm not too picky (except no wood trim, I don't like that). My main focus is condition and maintenance records.

What about the '04's is of concern? Is there a specific thread on here worth looking at as a buyers guide?

post #19 of 94 (permalink) Old 02-01-2010, 02:25 AM
Registered Member

I should say hello from Calgary too

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerSkyliner View Post
What about the '04's is of concern? Is there a specific thread on here worth looking at as a buyers guide?
It's really just the same as with any first year of a car. There are glitches that need to be worked out. Specifically, I can't think of anything right at the moment, but I'd also stay away from the 04's :P

Dang, I've often thought of selling the TSX and grabbing a turbo import ha ha! How long have you had your Skyline?
post #20 of 94 (permalink) Old 02-02-2010, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jellynuts View Post
I should say hello from Calgary too

It's really just the same as with any first year of a car. There are glitches that need to be worked out. Specifically, I can't think of anything right at the moment, but I'd also stay away from the 04's :P

Dang, I've often thought of selling the TSX and grabbing a turbo import ha ha! How long have you had your Skyline?
I have Had the Skyline for about three years. I gutted the interior to get it ready for a FIA spec roll cage and was planning suspension and engine mods to suit the Newfoundland Targa Rally. But family priorities changed that for the time being. Sell it to ya cheap if your interested...Hahaha...but seriously...
post #21 of 94 (permalink) Old 02-02-2010, 09:38 PM
Registered Member

the guy that works with me has 3. a gtr , gts, and a 4 door gts , maybe you know him. i probably see more skylines than tsx here now... .. so i took some pictures of my car over the weekend http://i960.photobucket.com/albums/ae89/sy1810/024.jpg
post #22 of 94 (permalink) Old 02-03-2010, 03:53 AM
Registered Member

Hi guys, just registered, From Calgary here, just picked up a 09 last october, damn if u think the first gens were rare in calgary lol.. i maybe see a 2nd gen once every couple of weeks
post #23 of 94 (permalink) Old 02-03-2010, 12:45 PM
Premium Club Member
 photo 15_zps17d8f38c.png

Thanks! Will be coming down to Calgary in a couple weeks actually haha. About the Oilers, atleast we will get a good draft pick this year haha and good trades for calgary!
post #24 of 94 (permalink) Old 03-08-2010, 07:59 PM
Registered Member

drove beside a pearl white 1st gen tsx today on crowchild on the way to school, had a black carbon fiber hood, and rebadged to H and accord, anybody on here own that beauty?? Just wanted to say nice car. this was in Calgary btw
post #25 of 94 (permalink) Old 03-29-2010, 10:36 AM Thread Starter
-

Hondata Reflash in Calgary & Area?

Now that the Hondata reflash is only US$295, anyone in Calgary want to do this at the same time to combine shipping?

I would go thru Heeltoe in California since there is no need for a local dealer at all for this.

If we combined shipping, we could do overnite shipping there & back for a downtime of approx 3-4 business days.

Just tossing this out there... Joe

CT short shifter. Hondata reflash. RSX-S underdrive crank pulley. M3 lip, debadged.
post #26 of 94 (permalink) Old 04-04-2010, 12:16 PM
Registered Member

Hey Outlaw.. nice car! I think I remember seeing your car parked near the Visions in Crowfoot.. not too many in Calgary have JDM lights, red calipers, and rims. I drove by a few times and I wanted to pull over and check out the rims, but I didn't want to be too much of a creeper! lol

mugen | advan | rays | progress | ingalls | injen | flp | blitz | fujitsubo | hankook | racingbrake | hawk
post #27 of 94 (permalink) Old 04-15-2010, 10:06 PM
Registered Member

yea i work at charlesglen toyota down there. im a tech there. hahah every tsx driver i see here is like 40 year old woman.. not too many guys drive tsx's. not real jdm though , some lady backed into me and cracked my headlights, so rather than buying oem i just bought one's of ebay. perfect fit though... yea i just got my reflash today , loving it and just bought hankook v12 putting em on tomorow , so good week
post #28 of 94 (permalink) Old 04-16-2010, 09:27 PM
Registered Member

I just got hankook v12 too!! lol. They went on just this past Monday. They're pretty sweet! At least compared to the last set I was using.

Did you get in with CalgaryTSX on the reflash? I wish I had access to another car or else I'd get it done too!

I think you'll have a lot of fun with a new reflash and those hankooks!

mugen | advan | rays | progress | ingalls | injen | flp | blitz | fujitsubo | hankook | racingbrake | hawk
post #29 of 94 (permalink) Old 04-17-2010, 06:06 PM
Registered Member

no i just went through speedtech , cost a little bit more but i couldnt wait anymore. paid 440 shipped. left my ecu with them on monday and got it back thursday. u should really get yours flash and enjoy it this summer... and yea awesome tires for the money.
post #30 of 94 (permalink) Old 04-19-2010, 02:10 PM Thread Starter
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by outlaw View Post
no i just went through speedtech , cost a little bit more but i couldnt wait anymore. paid 440 shipped. left my ecu with them on monday and got it back thursday. u should really get yours flash and enjoy it this summer... and yea awesome tires for the money.

I called Speedtech last summer when the Hondata TSX reflash was US$595 & the Cdn dollar was around 0.90 US.
They want C$800 + shipping which was waaaay too high.

$440 shipped means that they charged $145 for 2 way overnite shipping which is not a bad deal at all.

I will have to call them.

I'm also still looking high & low for a used 2006 TSX m/t ECU since my wife doesn't want to be without a car for a week or more.

At this point I can only get the reflash done when we are on a vacation this summer. Not sure I can wait that long!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement