LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-15-2018, 10:14 AM Thread Starter
Registered Member

Trying to purchase a TSX

What are your guys tips and tricks to buying a used TSX? Anything I can do to get the dealer to reduce the price, like something that usually goes wrong/old ~100,000 mileage range. I heard something of either the steering rack, the transmission, and the wheel bearings could be something I can maybe mention.

The TSX in question: 2007 bluish gray, has 115,045 Miles, and is in great condition other than some cosmetic damage(I can fix it) Asking price is $7,893. Which I find a bit over on my maximum budget.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-15-2018, 11:06 AM
Registered Member

Co-signing The Question

I am wondering the same thing; as I am also going to be in market for a 2007 TSX in the next few weeks here.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-15-2018, 01:19 PM
Registered Member

Bought a TSX a month ago and knocked 1.2k off the price by saying

1. Didnt really like the color .
2. Wasn't my " ideal " transmission
3. The suspension feels rough, I will need to re do this.
4. The HIDs sucked , would need new bulbs and ballasts ( this was actually true, the rest weren't )

The list continues ... however I also simply told them this is what I will pay MAX no questions asked ( 1.5k off their sticker) and they countered at 1.2k off ( I was only looking for 1k off so worked for me ) .

In the end , they have a bottom dollar they will take on the car based on how long it's been on the lot or how much interest its had etc.

IMO, depending on your location that price point sounds about spot on, depending on condition of course

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-21-2018, 05:16 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzMantazz3001 View Post
I am wondering the same thing; as I am also going to be in market for a 2007 TSX in the next few weeks here.
Well, not sure what area of the country you're in, but I have a white w/black leather, no NAV but highly upgraded audio system, 2007 TSX 6MT (with Hondata and a CT Icebox) in NYC that I posted to the For Sale forum about a year and a half ago, that I would consider selling again.

I've sunk a fair amount of money into it over the past year fixing it up so it's in really good shape now, but my wife is on my case all the time about how we should've gotten a newer car , and one that "she can drive" (originally she was receptive to learning to drive stick, and has completely refused to do so since ).

I'm not actively trying to sell it, or I'd go and update that post, but if you came to me looking, I'd have to pursue it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement