2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 36 (permalink) Old 06-05-2016, 08:42 AM
After 5-10 Guinness

Location: Hessen, Germany/Ontario, Canada/Louisiana, USA/Worldwide, Earth

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robardin View Post
Hi, I'm a new (of 2 days) owner of a 2007 Acura TSX which came to me already tuned with a Hondata Flashpro. I'm finding the car jerky to control at low speeds without slipping the clutch, which I'd rather not do... In slow traffic and a stick shift car, I usually sit in second or even first gear and just tap the gas pedal from time to time while coasting otherwise - on this car I get jolts and a back and forth rocking doing this.

I've done some reading on this forum and elsewhere and it's apparently because of the DBW programming, and that maybe this Flashpro can help adjust that?

On the other hand, it seems to me the throttle is OVER sensitive at low RPMs, but you say OEM programming that 5% throttle = 1.8% throttle opening - wouldn't that mean throttle is dampened? The opposite of what I'm seeing.

Of course it could be that the existing tuning is making it more sensitive, but I'm trying to figure out what DBW / Flashpro means for me in this context.

Hi, as much as i know, you can change the reaction time/sensitivity of the throttle plate in FP Manager, no??

Ok, ok, saw it too late. Yes, the parameters would be "dampened' the way yours are set.. maybe not enough?? Fueltrim too high?

ACC-Man

Try it!!! You only die once...

The best engine in the world is the Vagina;
It can be started with one finger. It's self lubricating.
It takes any size piston, and changes it's own oil every 4 weeks.
It is only a pity that the management system is so f....g temperamental.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 36 (permalink) Old 07-14-2016, 02:01 PM
Registered Member

Just got a proper custom Flashpro tuning done at Evans Tuning in northeastern PA (near NJ off the Delaware Water Gap). It's wonderful. Jerky fuel injection is gone. He says it was mostly bad cam timings? Sorry, it was kind of over my head :/, but it was definitely solveable with ECU adjustments I wouldn't dare try myself.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
NBPCL9Atl and goforbroke like this.
post #18 of 36 (permalink) Old 02-03-2017, 01:57 PM
Registered Member

So I'm looking into doing CashPro I mean FlashPro for our 2006 TSX. Im having the DBW issue as well. I see that the VitViper Calibrations link is a dead link where are they now?

Also, how hard was it for you guys to find a 07-08 ECU i found one but its from a wrecked car but the guys at the salvage yard didnt know if the car was running. What do you guys think? Should i pop on it its $550 and I'm worried that if i get it i would be a AT ECU or be NON-WORKING ECU. When i look at the price for a new one with FlashPro i might as well get a Standalone....

- 2006 NBP 6 Speed TSX w/ Navi
- 2003 Accord 5 Speed Sedan
- 2010 Omni Blue Pearl Element SC (OBPSCAtl)
- 1983 Mazda RX-7 GS

MY CUSTOM JPM COACHWORKS PARKING AND SHIFT BOOTS

post #19 of 36 (permalink) Old 02-07-2017, 01:24 PM
Staff: Rank 2
Chief SuperModerator
Performance
TOTM 2009

Send a message via AIM to IntegraGSR23
Quote:
Originally Posted by NBPCL9Atl View Post
So I'm looking into doing CashPro I mean FlashPro for our 2006 TSX. Im having the DBW issue as well. I see that the VitViper Calibrations link is a dead link where are they now?

Also, how hard was it for you guys to find a 07-08 ECU i found one but its from a wrecked car but the guys at the salvage yard didnt know if the car was running. What do you guys think? Should i pop on it its $550 and I'm worried that if i get it i would be a AT ECU or be NON-WORKING ECU. When i look at the price for a new one with FlashPro i might as well get a Standalone....
Usually salvage yards have some sort of warranty.

February 2009 TOTM The Sleeper!

The Only Easy Day Was Yesterday"

SoCal folks need parts installed? Hit me up!!
post #20 of 36 (permalink) Old 02-11-2017, 02:20 AM
Registered Member

I found one on here. Just need to go get it "Paired" to the car...

I have to have my Key and the New ECU correct?

- 2006 NBP 6 Speed TSX w/ Navi
- 2003 Accord 5 Speed Sedan
- 2010 Omni Blue Pearl Element SC (OBPSCAtl)
- 1983 Mazda RX-7 GS

MY CUSTOM JPM COACHWORKS PARKING AND SHIFT BOOTS
post #21 of 36 (permalink) Old 02-13-2017, 01:44 AM
Registered Member

Yeah, I'd like to know if anyone else got their car tuned for the DBW issue. It's really bothersome when I have passengers and cruising in traffic on first and second gear and everyone's rocking their head back and forth as if we were rocking out to music at full blast.
post #22 of 36 (permalink) Old 02-13-2017, 01:54 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bc0314 View Post
Yeah, I'd like to know if anyone else got their car tuned for the DBW issue. It's really bothersome when I have passengers and cruising in traffic on first and second gear and everyone's rocking their head back and forth as if we were rocking out to music at full blast.

Things are much better for me now. Whether it's primarily due to getting used to the feel of the car or the tuning, and adding a cat converter back into the car and the stock RBB instead of RBC manifold the previous owner had dropped in, I can't say, but if you're in the NYC area, drop me a PM and you could try my car out. (2007 6MT TSX)

Note that I've gotten into the habit of slipping the clutch a little bit when starting from a dead stop in first gear; I release to the friction point, then start giving it gas while blipping the clutch in lightly before releasing it out as the revs go up.
post #23 of 36 (permalink) Old 02-27-2017, 01:47 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robardin View Post
Things are much better for me now. Whether it's primarily due to getting used to the feel of the car or the tuning, and adding a cat converter back into the car and the stock RBB instead of RBC manifold the previous owner had dropped in, I can't say, but if you're in the NYC area, drop me a PM and you could try my car out. (2007 6MT TSX)

Note that I've gotten into the habit of slipping the clutch a little bit when starting from a dead stop in first gear; I release to the friction point, then start giving it gas while blipping the clutch in lightly before releasing it out as the revs go up.
Haha I appreciate the invite, but I live in California. Did you get it tuned? I have seen a few posts about some people tuning their TSX to get rid of the jerky responses, but no one has specifically said what was actually tuned to get it running smoothly.
post #24 of 36 (permalink) Old 02-27-2017, 04:03 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Haha I appreciate the invite, but I live in California. Did you get it tuned? I have seen a few posts about some people tuning their TSX to get rid of the jerky responses, but no one has specifically said what was actually tuned to get it running smoothly.
I started a thread a couple days ago to compare my experiences with dyno tuning vs. e-tuning. To summarize, I wasn't completely happy with the dyno-tune mainly because of the throttle's high sensitivity after the tune. Vit's e-tune dulled out the throttle sensitivity and is much more comfortable in my daily commute.

https://www.tsxclub.com/forums/ecu-tuning/178474-dyno-tuning-vs-e-tuning-review-impressions.html

From what I can tell, these the settings that helps with the throttle response:
  • Uncheck 1st gear throttle dampening enabled. You can find this under the Throttle settings. This option is checked by default in the stock calibration.
  • Uncheck Overrun throttle opening enabled You can find this under the Throttle settings. This option is checked by default in the stock calibration.
  • Modify the Overrun fuel cut delay settings for each gear. You can find this under the Fuel settings.
  • For the Overrun fuel cut delay, Vit set mine to 110ms, 80ms, 60ms, 60ms, 40ms. My dyno tuner set it to 30ms for all the gears to reduce the rev hang, but in turn made the throttle very jerky. Stock calibration is set to 130ms, 130ms, 130ms, 130ms, 110ms.

There's probably other settings that Vit adjusted for the throttle sensitivity, but I'm not exactly sure what else he did.

2007 TSX 6MT CGP
Wheelwell Profile Link
post #25 of 36 (permalink) Old 02-28-2017, 12:34 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by phen8tk View Post
I started a thread a couple days ago to compare my experiences with dyno tuning vs. e-tuning. To summarize, I wasn't completely happy with the dyno-tune mainly because of the throttle's high sensitivity after the tune. Vit's e-tune dulled out the throttle sensitivity and is much more comfortable in my daily commute.

https://www.tsxclub.com/forums/ecu-tuning/178474-dyno-tuning-vs-e-tuning-review-impressions.html

• Uncheck 1st gear throttle dampening enabled. You can find this under the Throttle settings. This option is checked by default in the stock calibration.
  • Uncheck Overrun throttle opening enabled You can find this under the Throttle settings. This option is checked by default in the stock calibration.
  • Modify the Overrun fuel cut delay settings for each gear. You can find this under the Fuel settings.
  • For the Overrun fuel cut delay, Vit set mine to 110ms, 80ms, 60ms, 60ms, 40ms. My dyno tuner set it to 30ms for all the gears to reduce the rev hang, but in turn made the throttle very jerky. Stock calibration is set to 130ms, 130ms, 130ms, 130ms, 110ms.

There's probably other settings that Vit adjusted for the throttle sensitivity, but I'm not exactly sure what else he did.
Wow, thanks for the info! I really, really, really appreciate it! Hoping to get my flashpro within the next month and get it tuned by vit.
post #26 of 36 (permalink) Old 02-28-2017, 01:18 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Wow, thanks for the info! I really, really, really appreciate it! Hoping to get my flashpro within the next month and get it tuned by vit.
Not a problem. If you're going with Vit, you won't have to anything to worry about.

2007 TSX 6MT CGP
Wheelwell Profile Link
post #27 of 36 (permalink) Old 03-05-2017, 05:12 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by phen8tk View Post

quoting for greatness in this post
I did the uncheck myself back in early Dec and felt an immediate difference in throttle response, it's actually too sensitive in 1st. I checked my overrun fuel cut and every gear is set to 30ms. I will make more conservative changes in 1st and 2nd and report back.
post #28 of 36 (permalink) Old 03-06-2017, 12:22 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by onyxeros View Post
quoting for greatness in this post
I did the uncheck myself back in early Dec and felt an immediate difference in throttle response, it's actually too sensitive in 1st. I checked my overrun fuel cut and every gear is set to 30ms. I will make more conservative changes in 1st and 2nd and report back.
Please let us know There doesn't seem like there's enough information about the tuning for a better throttle response so this'll definitely help everyone out.
post #29 of 36 (permalink) Old 03-13-2017, 03:38 PM
Registered Member

I changed 1st gear from 30ms to 60ms there isn't an immediate difference but I have to go over some of the more questionable roads around me to check it out. Bascially on anything but smooth throttle inputs in 1st gear you will get a heavy jerking motion on the old 30ms setting. Most people who have attempted to drive my car i have suggested they shift when they get into the 1st gear jerk. I will keep you updated as i drive it more and tweak it more.
post #30 of 36 (permalink) Old 03-24-2017, 09:03 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by onyxeros View Post
I changed 1st gear from 30ms to 60ms there isn't an immediate difference but I have to go over some of the more questionable roads around me to check it out. Bascially on anything but smooth throttle inputs in 1st gear you will get a heavy jerking motion on the old 30ms setting. Most people who have attempted to drive my car i have suggested they shift when they get into the 1st gear jerk. I will keep you updated as i drive it more and tweak it more.
Any updates the past few weeks?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement