Flashpro DBW Adjustment... - Page 3 - Acura TSX Forum
 2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 36 (permalink) Old 04-23-2019, 11:42 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by phen8tk View Post
I started a thread a couple days ago to compare my experiences with dyno tuning vs. e-tuning. To summarize, I wasn't completely happy with the dyno-tune mainly because of the throttle's high sensitivity after the tune. Vit's e-tune dulled out the throttle sensitivity and is much more comfortable in my daily commute.

https://www.tsxclub.com/forums/ecu-tuning/178474-dyno-tuning-vs-e-tuning-review-impressions.html

From what I can tell, these the settings that helps with the throttle response:
  • Uncheck 1st gear throttle dampening enabled. You can find this under the Throttle settings. This option is checked by default in the stock calibration.
  • Uncheck Overrun throttle opening enabled You can find this under the Throttle settings. This option is checked by default in the stock calibration.
  • Modify the Overrun fuel cut delay settings for each gear. You can find this under the Fuel settings.
  • For the Overrun fuel cut delay, Vit set mine to 110ms, 80ms, 60ms, 60ms, 40ms. My dyno tuner set it to 30ms for all the gears to reduce the rev hang, but in turn made the throttle very jerky. Stock calibration is set to 130ms, 130ms, 130ms, 130ms, 110ms.

There's probably other settings that Vit adjusted for the throttle sensitivity, but I'm not exactly sure what else he did.
Did you ever find out what else was done? Bring this thread back alive! I just got my flashpro and I'm trying to make things a bit more smooth.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 36 (permalink) Old 04-24-2019, 09:30 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetangstr View Post
Did you ever find out what else was done? Bring this thread back alive! I just got my flashpro and I'm trying to make things a bit more smooth.
I saw you bump this and the other Flashpro related thread complaining about "jerky" pedal reaction and wanting more "smoothness"

Are you talking about at low speeds? The Flashpro tuning here is more related, I think, to rev hang while downshifting, not so much "I'm in first/second gear and the throttle response feels very on/off at times and my car bucks back and forth as the gas seems to cut off when my revs approach 1K"

I had this impression when I first got my TSX as well (an 07 I got in 2014), what smoothed things out for me was replacing the APP (Accelerator Pedal Position) Sensor, and also just plain getting used to being smoother/slower on the clutch release, and feathering the clutch a bit when slowing down to low speeds even in second gear.

Though I do also have a Flashpro and tuning done, so that could still be a contributing factor.
post #33 of 36 (permalink) Old 04-24-2019, 02:28 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robardin View Post
I saw you bump this and the other Flashpro related thread complaining about "jerky" pedal reaction and wanting more "smoothness"

Are you talking about at low speeds? The Flashpro tuning here is more related, I think, to rev hang while downshifting, not so much "I'm in first/second gear and the throttle response feels very on/off at times and my car bucks back and forth as the gas seems to cut off when my revs approach 1K"

I had this impression when I first got my TSX as well (an 07 I got in 2014), what smoothed things out for me was replacing the APP (Accelerator Pedal Position) Sensor, and also just plain getting used to being smoother/slower on the clutch release, and feathering the clutch a bit when slowing down to low speeds even in second gear.

Though I do also have a Flashpro and tuning done, so that could still be a contributing factor.

Yes I was referring to the 1st gear gas cut off, it's very so annoying. I'm trying to feather and get used to it but ~1/3 times I'm jerking at low rpm, I also just got the car 3 weeks ago and haven't been driving all that much...which APP Sensor did you get? OEM? was it difficult to replace?

post #34 of 36 (permalink) Old 04-24-2019, 02:34 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robardin View Post

Did you have an engine code for APP sensor, is that why you did it?
post #35 of 36 (permalink) Old 04-24-2019, 08:58 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetangstr View Post
Did you have an engine code for APP sensor, is that why you did it?
Nah, I just replaced it on principle based on some other posts in this forum, if I recall correctly; I also did a few other things at the same time, like reverting to a stock RBB manifold from the RBC manifold the previous owner had swapped in, much better low and mid range torque and driveability as a result, and a re-tune of the ECU with the Flashpro to go along with it. So I couldn't really say what made it smoother, the APP sensor replacement, the re-tune, or the reverting to RBB manifold.
post #36 of 36 (permalink) Old 05-17-2019, 10:30 PM
Registered Member

Garage
New to the thread and doing extensive suspension upgrades on recently purchased 2011 TSX sportswagon 2.4L.

Liking the car, so far. Hope to be loving it when I finish these upgrades. One problem though, I hate speed sensitive steering. Really? The car feels decent in Sport mode, but not liking the increase in revs. Can any of these ECU programs help me out.

BTW, I know just enough to get me into trouble. This may be your proverbial dumb question.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement