Acura TSX Forum

Acura TSX Forum (https://www.tsxclub.com/forums/)
-   ECU Tuning (https://www.tsxclub.com/forums/ecu-tuning/)
-   -   Flashpro DBW Adjustment... (https://www.tsxclub.com/forums/ecu-tuning/157385-flashpro-dbw-adjustment.html)

SimpleK 01-25-2016 08:26 AM

Flashpro DBW Adjustment...

I just recently purchased a Flashpro. I've installed a calibration and flashed the ECU with the downloaded calibration. It's amazing how my car feels like a whole new beast. I have a question regarding the DBW (drive by wire) adjusting. Is this something I can adjust without causing damage or should this be left to a tuner? I've seen some throttle plate tables around different forums. It would appear that I could just copy that table and DBW issues are gone. I'm still learning things about the Flashpro.

Aragrev7 01-25-2016 09:17 AM

Interested as well. Which Calibration did you use? I wanted something similar to the Reflash until I get tuned, but I called Hondata and they said they didn't include one with the package for us.

SimpleK 01-25-2016 09:39 AM

I found one in the vault store. It was built around the CT icebox which I have installed. For the most part, the map is for a lightly modified car.

You could also look here:http://flashprotuning.com/calibrations

There are a couple calibrations that were done by VitViper.

ACC-Man 01-25-2016 12:41 PM

It's a good/great idea with Vit. He knows what he's doing. I wish I had seen his 'offer' before.. flash-pro and his ultimate e-tune (until you are totally satisfied) for $750..!!?? good god!! Dyno tunes are like $100/hr incl. Tuner/Dyno Owner... PLUS time on the 'open' street, doing pre-setups.. a/f adjustments @ wot...
So, his $100 flatrate, like said, until you are satisfied, (NO MATTER HOW MANY REMAPS/CALIBRATIONS!!!) is truely unbeatable...
Only 'downfall' is, you do NOT get an actual 'print-out' of what your vehicle is putting down.. you get a virtual graph, which can be quite close to reality...
ACC-Man

SimpleK 01-25-2016 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ACC-Man (Post 1610865)
It's a good/great idea with Vit. He knows what he's doing. I wish I had seen his 'offer' before.. flash-pro and his ultimate e-tune (until you are totally satisfied) for $750..!!?? good god!! Dyno tunes are like $100/hr incl. Tuner/Dyno Owner... PLUS time on the 'open' street, doing pre-setups.. a/f adjustments @ wot...
So, his $100 flatrate, like said, until you are satisfied, (NO MATTER HOW MANY REMAPS/CALIBRATIONS!!!) is truely unbeatable...
Only 'downfall' is, you do NOT get an actual 'print-out' of what your vehicle is putting down.. you get a virtual graph, which can be quite close to reality...
ACC-Man

I'm not having my car etuned by Vit. I'm going with Suja One in Nashville as they are much closer to me if I ever choose to have my car put on a dyno. I've got some friends that have used Vit for etuning but I chose to go another route. I was just referencing some base maps that are available on some forums. The calibration I'm running on currently was found in the Flashpro vault store.

ACC-Man 01-25-2016 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SimpleK (Post 1610905)
I'm not having my car etuned by Vit. I'm going with Suja One in Nashville as they are much closer to me if I ever choose to have my car put on a dyno. I've got some friends that have used Vit for etuning but I chose to go another route. I was just referencing some base maps that are available on some forums. The calibration I'm running on currently was found in the Flashpro vault store.

K, just a careful question... what all are you running on your car??
and basemaps are enough?? i mean, each tune is different...
just my $0.02

ACC-Man

SimpleK 01-25-2016 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ACC-Man (Post 1610913)
K, just a careful question... what all are you running on your car??
and basemaps are enough?? i mean, each tune is different...
just my $0.02

ACC-Man

My $0.02 is for minor mods like intake, header and exhaust, yes a base map should suffice. But if you want to get more out of the car, an etune would be able to get even more out than from a base map. If it's etuned properly, the tuner will want you to provide some datalogging from different pulls.

I currently have very little done to my engine. So a base map is perfect at the moment.

But to stay on original topic, I wanting to know if I can practically eliminate the DBW lag or should I leave that up to the etuner.

ACC-Man 01-26-2016 10:18 AM

Do you know your way around in FP Manager, could you change the t-plate level/opening by yourself??
How long until you get tune/e-tune done??
If it is only a few days/week until you get the tune, then i would wait, especially because it "could' change your A/F levels.. letting in more air @ same amount of fuel... could thin-out/lean your mixture... danger!! (Like said it is all "Could", by no means "must")

ACC-Man

SimpleK 01-26-2016 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ACC-Man (Post 1611089)
Do you know your way around in FP Manager, could you change the t-plate level/opening by yourself??
How long until you get tune/e-tune done??
If it is only a few days/week until you get the tune, then i would wait, especially because it "could' change your A/F levels.. letting in more air @ same amount of fuel... could thin-out/lean your mixture... danger!! (Like said it is all "Could", by no means "must")

ACC-Man

I'm sure I could change the tables...lol. I may just hold off until the etune happens. I just didn't know the ramifications of make those changes. I'm currently looking for a header so I can get the etune done sooner than later.

ACC-Man 01-26-2016 01:11 PM

Yes yes, and i totally understand!! I too, have had Hondata for what, 3 yrs now, but am first now, getting to understand, taking time to look at the infos it is giving me... I will by no means 'change' anything... other than that i added the new ingredients that i will be (having) tuning soon/getting (brought) up to par... datalogging ok, watching the graph now makes some sort of sense, having the 'sensors' table/screen open for further input... like playing piano... a fine art for fine fingered fellows/fellowettes...

ACC-Man

ACC-Man 01-27-2016 05:52 PM

Was just shopping, came across this...:

KIWI

ACC-Man

EconoBox 03-09-2016 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ACC-Man (Post 1611457)

KIWI

ACC-Man

If you have flashpro you can just install the Hondata app on your iphone/android and connect to it via bluetooth to get a live output of your sensors and a gauge style display. Just ask your tuner to activate the bluetooth feature and set a bluetooth PIN for your flashpro.

I permanantly installed my flashpro under the dash and can sync my phone to it whenever I feel like it to see what is going on.

If you aren't comfortable changing values leave this to a tuner. I am not responsible if you mess anything up. Read over everything from Hondata and learn what all the different features do. A lot of things work together in the computer that a lot of people don't realize, but as far as adjusting the throttle opening. You can easily go in and make the throttle plate open at a 1:1 ratio just like if you had a throttle cable. If you look at the charts for a stock TSX 5% throttle at 2500 rpms gives you like 1.8% throttle opening. (Not the exact value I'm throwing out a guesstimate I don't have the map in front of me)

You just make each column match the % value at the top the whole way down the chart. ie: 5% should be 5 straight down, 15% should be 15% straight down. Watch the AFR after doing this the tune should still be spot on but you may have to adjust your throttle tip in values since the motor will respond much faster. You'll notice that unless you are at 100% throttle the stock TSX map really doesn't ever match up to how far you press the pedal.

SeaJay 03-24-2016 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ACC-Man (Post 1611457)

KIWI

ACC-Man

I just bought a cheap OBD2 Bluetooth reader/adapter and have the "Torque" App for Android.

Same thing it looks like.

I payed... $15? at the most. $99 seems ridiculous.

Robardin 05-24-2016 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EconoBox (Post 1620545)
...as far as adjusting the throttle opening. You can easily go in and make the throttle plate open at a 1:1 ratio just like if you had a throttle cable. If you look at the charts for a stock TSX 5% throttle at 2500 rpms gives you like 1.8% throttle opening. (Not the exact value I'm throwing out a guesstimate I don't have the map in front of me)

Hi, I'm a new (of 2 days) owner of a 2007 Acura TSX which came to me already tuned with a Hondata Flashpro. I'm finding the car jerky to control at low speeds without slipping the clutch, which I'd rather not do... In slow traffic and a stick shift car, I usually sit in second or even first gear and just tap the gas pedal from time to time while coasting otherwise - on this car I get jolts and a back and forth rocking doing this.

I've done some reading on this forum and elsewhere and it's apparently because of the DBW programming, and that maybe this Flashpro can help adjust that?

On the other hand, it seems to me the throttle is OVER sensitive at low RPMs, but you say OEM programming that 5% throttle = 1.8% throttle opening - wouldn't that mean throttle is dampened? The opposite of what I'm seeing.

Of course it could be that the existing tuning is making it more sensitive, but I'm trying to figure out what DBW / Flashpro means for me in this context.

ACC-Man 06-05-2016 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EconoBox (Post 1620545)
If you have flashpro you can just install the Hondata app on your iphone/android and connect to it via bluetooth to get a live output of your sensors and a gauge style display. Just ask your tuner to activate the bluetooth feature and set a bluetooth PIN for your flashpro.

I permanantly installed my flashpro under the dash and can sync my phone to it whenever I feel like it to see what is going on.

If you aren't comfortable changing values leave this to a tuner. I am not responsible if you mess anything up. Read over everything from Hondata and learn what all the different features do. A lot of things work together in the computer that a lot of people don't realize, but as far as adjusting the throttle opening. You can easily go in and make the throttle plate open at a 1:1 ratio just like if you had a throttle cable. If you look at the charts for a stock TSX 5% throttle at 2500 rpms gives you like 1.8% throttle opening. (Not the exact value I'm throwing out a guesstimate I don't have the map in front of me)

You just make each column match the % value at the top the whole way down the chart. ie: 5% should be 5 straight down, 15% should be 15% straight down. Watch the AFR after doing this the tune should still be spot on but you may have to adjust your throttle tip in values since the motor will respond much faster. You'll notice that unless you are at 100% throttle the stock TSX map really doesn't ever match up to how far you press the pedal.

I do not have the 'new' flashpro with bluetooth functions. still have a way old version, 4-5 yrs old. (Sn 60046ish) I do not see putting out another $700 for a 'newer' FP. The kiwi/compareable apparatuses would be the lest expensive option for me. I am sort of hung on the PLX devices. Find they are well built (in America) and the customer service is absolutely amazing!! To each his/her own.

ACC-Man

Also, there are the 'DBW Tuning Boxes", by 3 or 4 companies. i had the Sprint Booster, before i got FP. It too worked quite well, making the "lag' less noticeable. But $300 for what it does/did is way too much for what it be..