New Member - Acura TSX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-30-2018, 04:20 PM Thread Starter
Registered Member

Aloha everyone!
I'm a new member here although I've used the site plenty of times before. I appreciate all the info and help that I've received from everyone on here and I hope to contribute as well.
*My TSX is an 06 auto with nav
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-01-2018, 12:55 PM
Registered Member

Hello everyone, this is a great forum to learn from all the TSX enthuthiests, happy to have this resource. My car is a 2006 6MT no nav, blk on blk leather, 125k kmís, she a beauty lol
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-20-2018, 02:27 PM
Registered Member

Hi guys! I'm newone here, so this is my welcome post) Hoping to find here some new friends and intersting things about my car)

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-08-2019, 06:24 PM
Registered Member

Garage
Hello all,

New here too, I just picked up a gently used 04 TSX dark gray with black interior. It is completely stock except for
the radio/climate control has been swapped.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-16-2019, 06:14 PM
Registered Member

Hello and welcome all! Let's see some pics of the car! 😁

Experience everything within your power!
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-17-2019, 12:46 AM
Registered Member

Just got her a week ago. 2006 with 174k miles on it. No idea why but aparently the previous owner put in a DC5 5speed in it and the driver axle was busted. Just replaced both axles but there is a vibration as it speed up (only on acceleration and not while coasting or breaking) so I’m trying to diagnose that now and fix it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	781F8A2F-A279-40B3-ABB9-98D3E4A53F73_1552797972091.jpeg
Views:	10
Size:	1.45 MB
ID:	39017  
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-17-2019, 02:39 AM
2005 TSX CGP 6-spd Nav

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcthompson1998 View Post
Just got her a week ago. 2006 with 174k miles on it. No idea why but aparently the previous owner put in a DC5 5speed in it and the driver axle was busted. Just replaced both axles but there is a vibration as it speed up (only on acceleration and not while coasting or breaking) so I’m trying to diagnose that now and fix it.
I was having the same issue. If you replaced the axles with aftermarket, they may be bad. There is a strange problem with our generation TSX being that all aftermarket axles seem to have vibration issues. I replaced both of my axles with aftermarkets to fix a 60mph vibration i had about a year ago, the new axles fixed the highway vibration but a new 20-25 mph vibration started. I was diagnosing the problem for a while but turns out most aftermarket axles are too short, built poorly, not to factory spec, etc. I finally broke down about a week ago and bought a new OEM factory right (passenger) axle from honda ($450, ouch) and it fixed my 20-25 mph vibration for the most part. It still vibrates a little bit but i think its because i waited too long to fix it and it damaged the intermediate shaft. Next time you drive the car, see if it vibrates from 20-25, if so, the only way to fix it is probably to buy an OEM passenger axle. your left should be fine. Do a google search of (20-25 mph vibration acura tsx) you should find many threads about it. Its a horrible problem with our TSX's and has troubled a lot of people. Also acura seems to have a monopoly on their axles lol they're so damn expensive. good luck and keep us updated! sorry this post is so long, I would like to help people out because the vibrating axles has almost made me want to sell my car. even after fixing my 20-25 mph vibration, now my car has ANOTHER 60mph vibration, so now trying to fix that lol

Instagram: @CarbonGrayTSX
Sponsored Links
Advertisement