2011. Tsx - Acura TSX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-15-2018, 09:38 AM Thread Starter
Registered Member

2011. Tsx

Hi,

I have recently purchased a black automatic 2011 TSX with 125,000 miles. I immediately changed the plugs, air filter and 4quarts of tranny fluid. I recently had liquid metal 18 shadows installed with Falkin fk510 tires and Iím in the process of installing power slot rotors and power stop pads.

Iíve been really impressed with how responsive and crips the auto tranny is and how well it handles. Iím also looking to do a few track days this summer and Iíve been enjoying driving it.

Thanks
Jason
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-15-2018, 02:05 PM
Bardi

Garage
Track days with a front wheel drive auto is not going to be very competitive. A lot of weight for the front tires to move around and steer the car. Save your tires and keep the car on the road if this is your daily.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-17-2018, 07:46 PM Thread Starter
Registered Member

I use to do ďcompetitiveĒ track days with a 1000cc Suzuki, no strange to the track. The car is somewhere between a summer car and a toy. I think it handles quite well and I expect it to do well on the track. I expect minimal shifting, mostly occasional shifts between 2nd and 3rd. I believe I Ďll be in a beginner class to start which will largely consist of guys learning the track. Having track experience may help me move up, but iím just out to have fun. Until you get in an advanced class, where it becomes more like work and less like fun, the guy with the stickiest tires that runs the best lines makes the biggest difference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by awoc View Post
Track days with a front wheel drive auto is not going to be very competitive. A lot of weight for the front tires to move around and steer the car. Save your tires and keep the car on the road if this is your daily.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-19-2018, 09:03 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synapse46 View Post
Hi,

I have recently purchased a black automatic 2011 TSX with 125,000 miles. I immediately changed the plugs, air filter and 4quarts of tranny fluid. I recently had liquid metal 18 shadows installed with Falkin fk510 tires and I’m in the process of installing power slot rotors and power stop pads.

I’ve been really impressed with how responsive and crips the auto tranny is and how well it handles. I’m also looking to do a few track days this summer and I’ve been enjoying driving it.

Thanks
Jason
Look into EBC Carbon Slotted brake rotors and look into carbon brake pads, can be used in street or track. More bit than ceramics or the all yellow pads grom EBC.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement