Central/South Texas Member - Acura TSX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-12-2019, 08:29 PM Thread Starter
Registered Member

Garage
Central/South Texas Member

Long time lurker but mainly was active on the TSXClub Facebook page, which I no longer have an account on. I have owned my '06 PWP TSX since 2012 which had 30k miles on it at the time. I am currently sitting at 165k and have enjoyed every minute of it and have gone all over our big ass state of Texas. I was heavily into Honda-Tech and Houston-Imports back in the day when I had my 95 Accord (still have it but it is currently no longer running and am trying to get it going again) which I will show pics of in here. A little bit more info on my vehicles:

--[95 Accord]--
>H&R Street Performance coilovers
>ITR Wheels
>SiR Trunk Spoiler
>Wings West W-Type Sides + Rear
>GRacer front (I must have went through 4 of these)
>JDM Headlights + Side Markers + Rear Foglight
>Recaro CL1 Euro R Seats

--[06 PWP TSX]--
>Stock but Suspension but just recently grabbed a set of Tein Flex-Z (in the midst of a suspension refresher since I hit 160k)
>Factory Trunk Spoiler (I dig the flush mounts but love my trunk mount one)
>A-Spec Rear + Sides + Euro R front lip & grille

Currently in the midst of getting my vehicle repaired because some jackass left an object in the road which ripped my right sideskirt off. Here is to hoping insurance will cover it and/or body shop will be able to fix it. State of Texas apparently deems this accident as an "at fault" which is a load of bullshit. Once that repair is done, I will be installing the Tein Flex-Zs. I AM on the hunt for some BBS RS's (classic style) but I cannot seem to find any luck doing so. I know I stumbled upon quite a few BBS RS TSX photos through google search but am not sure if they are replicas or not. I mainly keep it chilled now because the slammed life was a bit unaccommodating so to speak and am an active paddleboarder (hopefully break in my surf board this summer too once the hurricane season is done with the Gulf). Anyhow, you can check the pics out in the below post. This has been the best damn car I have ever owned but my only gripe is how shitty the faux leather is. Hoping to get them reupholstered at some point or find some sort of solution since trying to swap out for black interior isnt worth the amount of money it would take to complete. TSX album kind of shows you how I got it in 2012 and how it is now.

Accord Album
TSX album

In terms of the Yakima roof rack, you can see two different ones (the round bars and then the metal bars). Yakima has been pretty damn solid in their customer service. The round bars would consistently allow water to leak into my drivers side and twice I contacted them for assistance. I even went as far as replacing my drivers side door seals. $500 rack system + ~$90+ in door seals. The second time around they ended up sending me an entirely new rack system to me for free which was baffling. If any of you opt to go for a roof rack, I highly recommend the JetStream system as its eliminated the dragging feeling when im on the highway. Gave me back an easy 3-4mpg to boot.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old Today, 11:37 AM
Registered Member

Glad to see another Texas TSX!
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old Today, 03:49 PM Thread Starter
Registered Member

Garage
Slightly NE of San Antonio
Sponsored Links
Advertisement