Acura TSX Forum banner

Texting/SMS

1K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  AreynGean 
#1 ·
How much do you text when establishing a new connection? Like, before the first date and between the first few dates....

I ask because I don’t have a ton of dating experience and I am finding myself overwhelmed with trying to keep up messaging threads with a few different “potentials” on OKC. This would be difficult for me in the early stages of mono dating too, except that I am also unsure of what the expectations are in non-mono where partners are not only dating a few different potentials but also mai maintaining existing relationships.

So! What are your experiences? How much texting is expected? And how long of not hearing from someone do you assume they aren’t interested?
And do you use sms verification code services to have ,any accounts?

#2 ·
I honestly require at least a check in daily, from the get go. If I don't have frequent contact, I don't connect.

I'm admittedly needy, though.
By the way every person is different. Some folks need a lot of contact. Others are happy with a few days a week.

Me I do not like to be smothered with attention. I am busy and do not like making small talk just for small talks sake.

I sometimes go a day or two without texting or talking to one of my husbands. For me that is normal and just fine. If there was an emergency or if they wanted to talk they would reach out or vice versa.

#3 ·
Lol, dude, personally I prefer texting with girls using online dating sites, I flirt there, on Facebook too, but the most annoying thing there is registration with phone number confirmation via sms... By the way, sometimes I really need to create fake accounts to talk to different girls with different style of communication, that's why sometimes I have to write from an account of brutal boy, but sometimes from account of cute and lovely boy. Thanks heaven there are services that allow me register a lot of fake accounts. For example, I use services of these guys receive sms online, because it's reliable and they have a lot of phone numbers, so I surely will get the sms from them with confirmation code :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.