Acura TSX Forum - Reply to Topic
Thread: RL Caliper Swap Rotor Question Reply to Thread
Title:
Message:
Trackback:
Send Trackbacks to (Separate multiple URLs with spaces) :

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Acura TSX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










  Additional Options
Miscellaneous Options

  Topic Review (Newest First)
05-24-2019 01:24 PM
ronlynch07 Cool. can I share this post to my blog? I'd appreciate it. Cheers! Fort Myers Tree Service
05-16-2019 05:47 PM
shandalo
Quote:
Originally Posted by casseverhart13 View Post
i enjoyed to find this topic. I like your point of view. tree removal
Attachment 39081
Attachment 39085
05-16-2019 12:59 PM
TSXXXX LMAO now these spammers got jokes
05-15-2019 12:51 AM
shandalo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oats View Post
I don't get it, I put a link in a post and it said it had to be approved by a mod before being published and it never was published. A spam bot can post links though.
Makes one wonder doesn't it? I see this and other similar things happening in multiple auto forums, all owned by the same operator...
05-15-2019 12:47 AM
Oats I don't get it, I put a link in a post and it said it had to be approved by a mod before being published and it never was published. A spam bot can post links though.
05-14-2019 06:03 PM
TSXXXX
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathlabs View Post
spam.
this site is getting bad, tons of spam profiles linking to clickbait everywhere smh. Are there any active moderators anymore?
05-14-2019 03:01 PM
mathlabs
Quote:
Originally Posted by casseverhart13 View Post
Spot on with this particular write-up, I truly think this website needs extra consideration. power washing
spam.
05-08-2019 12:38 PM
TSXXXX
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathlabs View Post
confirming, the FFC caliper brackets fit the 350z rotors without a problem. I switched this weekend from the janky Fastbrakes brackets to FFC.

Fastbrakes only fit the maxima rotors, but I was getting a wild brake squeal. I couldnt find out why, but upon pad inspection, the top 1-2mm of the pad wasn't making contact and probably causing vibration because it was touching the top outer diameter of the rotor.
Glad you got it all sorted out!
05-08-2019 11:05 AM
mathlabs confirming, the FFC caliper brackets fit the 350z rotors without a problem. I switched this weekend from the janky Fastbrakes brackets to FFC.

Fastbrakes only fit the maxima rotors, but I was getting a wild brake squeal. I couldnt find out why, but upon pad inspection, the top 1-2mm of the pad wasn't making contact and probably causing vibration because it was touching the top outer diameter of the rotor.
05-01-2019 01:55 PM
john666
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSXXXX View Post
Did you get an old kit? Those instructions are dead wrong and I believe fastbrakes has corrected this to read what it should say:

I promise you - if you go FFC customs you want the 350z brembo equipped 12.8" rotor.

If you go fastbrakes you need the 12.6" Maxima rotor.
Bought my kit last month from heeltoe, just brackets and rotors on ebay to save afew bucks.
I was about to go with
Big Brake Kit 324x30mm + Brembo ? front axle Accord VII/VIII | K-SYSTEM.pro
(if you go with them order without rotors to save on shipping since they are located in poland)
and get a brembo caliper that uses lancer pads I believe but I went cheapest route to be honest.
05-01-2019 11:22 AM
TSXXXX
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathlabs View Post
Yea I bought my Fastbrakes kit from Marcus a couple months ago; the intstructions are explicit in saying that you can use 350z rotors, but you may have to clearance the caliper by shaving some of inside of the caliper. I should've did more research, because had I known that I would've just done the FFC kit.
I too was leaning towards fastbrakes (more reputable to me than FFC) but my research pointed me towards this issue and I wanted to use the larger rotors so FFC was my choice.
04-30-2019 08:45 PM
mathlabs
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSXXXX View Post
Did you get an old kit? Those instructions are dead wrong and I believe fastbrakes has corrected this to read what it should say:

I promise you - if you go FFC customs you want the 350z brembo equipped 12.8" rotor.

If you go fastbrakes you need the 12.6" Maxima rotor.
Yea I bought my Fastbrakes kit from Marcus a couple months ago; the intstructions are explicit in saying that you can use 350z rotors, but you may have to clearance the caliper by shaving some of inside of the caliper. I should've did more research, because had I known that I would've just done the FFC kit.
04-30-2019 03:16 PM
TSXXXX
Quote:
Originally Posted by john666 View Post
I bought fastbrakes, in instructions included it says
08-13 maxima rotors or 350z w brembo package rotors ..
Maxima rotors will fit calipers better but pads will stick above rotor 2mm.
Brembo rotors fit pad better but will require some slight opening of inside caliper.
Im not finished with install but I did dremel inside caliper a bit since there was rubbing.
Did you get an old kit? Those instructions are dead wrong and I believe fastbrakes has corrected this to read what it should say:

I promise you - if you go FFC customs you want the 350z brembo equipped 12.8" rotor.

If you go fastbrakes you need the 12.6" Maxima rotor.
04-30-2019 08:24 AM
Edgeman
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathlabs View Post
bingo, I would go with a different kit if you can. because the pads stick over the rotor slightly, I'm getting a wild brake squeal.

I had issues fitting the 350z rotor and I'll probably sell my fastbrakes kit and switch to the fatfour customs bracket
$350 is a lot of money for something that doesn't quite fit. One would thing for that price, they would have adjusted their design a few millimeters so it fits the rotor perfectly. How difficult is that?
04-29-2019 11:58 AM
mathlabs
Quote:
Originally Posted by john666 View Post
I bought fastbrakes, in instructions included it says
08-13 maxima rotors or 350z w brembo package rotors ..
Maxima rotors will fit calipers better but pads will stick above rotor 2mm.
Brembo rotors fit pad better but will require some slight opening of inside caliper.
Im not finished with install but I did dremel inside caliper a bit since there was rubbing.
bingo, I would go with a different kit if you can. because the pads stick over the rotor slightly, I'm getting a wild brake squeal.

I had issues fitting the 350z rotor and I'll probably sell my fastbrakes kit and switch to the fatfour customs bracket
This thread has more than 15 replies. Click here to review the whole thread.

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome