Tony Jackson's Street/Track TSX Build - Page 15 - Acura TSX Forum
 217Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #211 of 398 (permalink) Old 09-05-2018, 12:10 PM
Registered Member

Awesome, definitely post an update, I really want to know if these are worth-while or just a hassle with a DD.

I have the solid bushings in my Evo X (called Perrin Positive Response Steering System) along with a Whiteline Roll Center Kit, and those two combined made such an amazing difference in steering and feel I'd like to do something similar with the Acura, although it looks like the roll center kit on Healtoe would require me going with adjustable coil overs in the Acura which I don't have, just Konis and an Eibach spring kit. I'm kind of afraid to pull the trigger on the solid bushings since you didn't like them and I'm also paranoid I'll ruin my ball joints pulling the lower control arm out.

I haven't done much since the RL calipers. I got all the dings pulled out yesterday, 10 dents for $600. I've got front/rear Euro R lips, and A-Spec side skirts coming, so next thing is to get the car wet sanded on the side thats been repainted (last owner had a motorcycle scrap down the side) rear bumper damaged fixed, those parts painted/installed, and the whole car polished, maybe look into that ceramic coating.

I've been doing a lot of homework about the Euro R seats, so after the bodywork that'll be next, then I'll probably look at doing some research to make the car feel more planted. I split driving (in the summer) between the TSX and an Evolution X on Ohlins and the above-mentioned bushings and that makes the TSX feel really loosey-goosey.

Another question, my alignment guys could only get the rears set -2.7/-2.2, did you do a rear camber kit, think correcting that with a kit would help? Tire wear has been fine so far (10k miles). If so what do you recommend, and do you recommend replacing any other components back there (anything prone to wear poorly). Thanks
tr3flip likes this.

2014 Evolution X GSR - Wicked White
2006 Acura TSX 6MT - Royal Blue Pearl --> here
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #212 of 398 (permalink) Old 09-05-2018, 02:09 PM Thread Starter
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsybinZek View Post
Awesome, definitely post an update, I really want to know if these are worth-while or just a hassle with a DD.

I have the solid bushings in my Evo X (called Perrin Positive Response Steering System) along with a Whiteline Roll Center Kit, and those two combined made such an amazing difference in steering and feel I'd like to do something similar with the Acura, although it looks like the roll center kit on Healtoe would require me going with adjustable coil overs in the Acura which I don't have, just Konis and an Eibach spring kit. I'm kind of afraid to pull the trigger on the solid bushings since you didn't like them and I'm also paranoid I'll ruin my ball joints pulling the lower control arm out.
Others say they like them. I likely just didn't have my suspension set up properly (ie too low and/or wrong rates) since I did a ton of things at once. My E46 M3 has monoball everything and I love it...even on the street.

The Euro R lip kits make such a nice difference. Looking forward to seeing updates!

I have the Eibach rear camber kit on my car which helps a lot with dialing in the rear alignment. Hard Race makes a nice rear camber kit too. I have the TL-S rear bar in the back and Hard Race rear knuckle bushings waiting to go on. Debating on getting my own press to do this job in my garage. I plan to do the Hard Race Trailing Arm bushings at some point too since the stock bushings look pretty big and flimsy.
PsybinZek likes this.
post #213 of 398 (permalink) Old 09-05-2018, 02:49 PM Thread Starter
Registered Member

Laguna Seca part 1:

I took a trip up the coast in the TSX last week to Laguna Seca to meet up with my friend Dan who trailered his ITR all the way from Connecticut. We camped on the track Friday and Saturday night right near turn 6. Not much to say other than the car ran perfect and it was about as epic of a weekend as you can imagine. Here are some of our pics from last weekend.

This drive up the coast never gets old!

I :heart: Big Sur

Chillin in the Cork Screw corner worker station at Laguna Seca

The Cork Screw...steeper than it looks

post #214 of 398 (permalink) Old 09-05-2018, 02:50 PM Thread Starter
Registered Member

Laguna Seca part 2:

Dan's incredibly clean and incredibly fast ITR

Yes, this is a McLaren Senna! It was in my run group and was fast af!

The camp site

Views from the camp site

Me trying to figure out how to make my TSX faster lol

And finally, the obligatory Cork Screw photo
post #215 of 398 (permalink) Old 09-05-2018, 05:17 PM
Registered Member

Tony! You met my friend Gabe out there at the track. He's actually the one that showed me your build, next time you do a track day in NorCal I'll come out and drive too!

Good pics btw, and that ITR is the tiddies!
tr3flip likes this.
post #216 of 398 (permalink) Old 09-05-2018, 06:37 PM Thread Starter
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathlabs View Post
Tony! You met my friend Gabe out there at the track. He's actually the one that showed me your build, next time you do a track day in NorCal I'll come out and drive too!

Good pics btw, and that ITR is the tiddies!
Hey Todd! Yeah, Gabe pitted with us and hung out all day. Rad to finally meet some norcal heads I've been following for a while. Definitely gotta plan something next time.

I'll be at Buttonwillow Sept 23rd for HFF Challenge and Thunderhill Sept 26th-27th for Type R Expo if you happen to be hitting the track soon.
post #217 of 398 (permalink) Old 09-06-2018, 12:12 PM Thread Starter
Registered Member

A couple more photos from Laguna Seca i got last night. The last photo is me being chased by a McLaren 720S, 991 GT3 RS and a McLaren Senna!

post #218 of 398 (permalink) Old 09-06-2018, 12:24 PM
Premium Club Member

Chased or holding up traffic? haha Just kidding :-)

Great pics!

2004 TSX Base
K&N Typhoon
Over 200K Miles!
post #219 of 398 (permalink) Old 09-06-2018, 02:07 PM Thread Starter
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by voiddweller View Post
Chased or holding up traffic? haha Just kidding :-)

Great pics!
Holding up through this section, no, but once we got to the front straight it was game over for me lol.
post #220 of 398 (permalink) Old 09-07-2018, 11:57 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tr3flip View Post
Holding up through this section, no, but once we got to the front straight it was game over for me lol.
I can only imagine - pry passed you like you were sitting still.

Awesome Laguna Seca update - so jealous!!
tr3flip likes this.

2004 NHBP TSX 6-speed non-navi with 335,000 miles and counting
Build Thread: https://goo.gl/rTAMlj
post #221 of 398 (permalink) Old 09-08-2018, 12:50 PM
Registered Member

Super Jelly of the track days I need that in my life. It looks like you really have your car sorted out now. Just need more powah!

I did the coastal drive from LA to SF a couple years ago. It was an awesome drive, we don't have anything like that on the east coast. Hell....I plan my vacations around coastal drives usually...hahaha
Drove the coast of South Africa, Italy, and Maui. Many more on my bucket list.
tr3flip likes this.
post #222 of 398 (permalink) Old 09-08-2018, 02:05 PM
Registered Member

Well I'm halfway through on my RBC swap and plan on trying to do a small write-up when I'm done just to dispell some of the myths etc. Should have it buttoned up tonight so hopefully that makes it a little easier on you ha!
tr3flip likes this.
post #223 of 398 (permalink) Old 09-08-2018, 05:03 PM Thread Starter
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by goforbroke View Post
Super Jelly of the track days I need that in my life. It looks like you really have your car sorted out now. Just need more powah!

I did the coastal drive from LA to SF a couple years ago. It was an awesome drive, we don't have anything like that on the east coast. Hell....I plan my vacations around coastal drives usually...hahaha
Drove the coast of South Africa, Italy, and Maui. Many more on my bucket list.
I'm trying to get this track itch out of my system! Feels great to have a car that is finally somewhat capable on track. A few more ponies and this thing will be super fun and reliable.

I love the coastal drives. You'll have to fill me in on some of these int'l drives you've done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rough draft View Post
Well I'm halfway through on my RBC swap and plan on trying to do a small write-up when I'm done just to dispell some of the myths etc. Should have it buttoned up tonight so hopefully that makes it a little easier on you ha!
Oh sweet! Yeah, make a post. I'm going to play with the TSX a little today and see what else I need to finish my swap up.
post #224 of 398 (permalink) Old 09-10-2018, 01:14 AM Thread Starter
Registered Member

Finally got around to editing my GoPro video. The lighting isn't the greatest but I kinda like the angle. I'll need to play with this some more.

Here's the link:
mathlabs likes this.
post #225 of 398 (permalink) Old 09-10-2018, 12:31 PM
Registered Member

Hey Tony, which GoPro do you have? I can show you how to do spot exposure so the windshield and outside of the car is better exposed. Or if you want a new camera just give me a shout.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement