Tony Jackson's Street/Track TSX Build - Page 16 - Acura TSX Forum
 217Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #226 of 398 (permalink) Old 09-10-2018, 12:37 PM Thread Starter
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathlabs View Post
Hey Tony, which GoPro do you have? I can show you how to do spot exposure so the windshield and outside of the car is better exposed. Or if you want a new camera just give me a shout.
That would be awesome! I'm using the Hero4 Black Edition. Any suggested settings would be rad. I should probably spend the same amount of time setting up my cameras as I do the rest of my car. Haha.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #227 of 398 (permalink) Old 09-11-2018, 02:13 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tr3flip View Post
That would be awesome! I'm using the Hero4 Black Edition. Any suggested settings would be rad. I should probably spend the same amount of time setting up my cameras as I do the rest of my car. Haha.
I'll upgrade you in a couple weeks if you dont mind waiting (new stuff coming down the pipeline) The new cameras are nice because its now a, "set it and forget it" type of deal. H4 was the last of its kind when it came to manual settings.
tr3flip likes this.
post #228 of 398 (permalink) Old 09-11-2018, 04:37 PM Thread Starter
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathlabs View Post
I'll upgrade you in a couple weeks if you dont mind waiting (new stuff coming down the pipeline) The new cameras are nice because its now a, "set it and forget it" type of deal. H4 was the last of its kind when it came to manual settings.
Oh man that would be awesome! I'm doing BW next week and will play with the H4 camera some more to see if i can find a sweet spot with this camera location.

post #229 of 398 (permalink) Old 09-12-2018, 10:59 AM Thread Starter
Registered Member

A couple more photos from Laguna Seca that finally came through.

mathlabs likes this.
post #230 of 398 (permalink) Old 09-13-2018, 04:47 AM
Registered Member

My favorite thread on this forum - keep up the good work, sir!
tr3flip likes this.
post #231 of 398 (permalink) Old 09-13-2018, 05:02 PM Thread Starter
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacksheepTSX View Post
My favorite thread on this forum - keep up the good work, sir!
Wow, thanks for the kind words!
post #232 of 398 (permalink) Old 09-18-2018, 02:41 AM
Registered Member

The minivan edged you out!?!?!

Nooooooooooooooooo!

tr3flip likes this.
post #233 of 398 (permalink) Old 09-18-2018, 02:21 PM Thread Starter
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by goforbroke View Post
The minivan edged you out!?!?!

Nooooooooooooooooo!

Haha, don't remind me! We're getting a good laugh about that in the office here at Eibach too lol. I'm still standing by how happy I am with the performance of the car and if you look at the lap times from 2nd place to 9th place they are all within 1.5 seconds of each other. Any car doing a sub 1:30 lap at Streets of Willow on street tires is moving!

For anyone interested, Super Street posted up the coverage from the FF Battle Street Class at the link below.
FF Battle 10 Presented By Eneos - The Street Class

post #234 of 398 (permalink) Old 09-19-2018, 12:28 AM
Registered Member

The funny thing is you have more left in this car! Comparing your mod list to the others is pretty funny you really don't have any of the go to power mods just yet. I would think with some more power (220-230whp) you could possibly sneak into the top 3rd or 4th spot!

Just wait till you go RBC vtc gear and 3" exhaust with a tune it's a WORLD of difference!

And I could only imagine the crap your getting about the soccer mom just beating you hahah

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
post #235 of 398 (permalink) Old 09-19-2018, 11:08 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Haha, don't remind me! We're getting a good laugh about that in the office here at Eibach too lol. I'm still standing by how happy I am with the performance of the car and if you look at the lap times from 2nd place to 9th place they are all within 1.5 seconds of each other. Any car doing a sub 1:30 lap at Streets of Willow on street tires is moving!

For anyone interested, Super Street posted up the coverage from the FF Battle Street Class at the link below.
FF Battle 10 Presented By Eneos - The Street Class

Oh I know your boys are busting your balls! A friend of mine Chris Shenefield who won nationals one year at autox nationals embarrassed a group of my friends in his Honda odyssey during a autox race in the snow. One of my friends was racing a crx with blizzaks never the less and still got beat by him. Good times.

You’re absolutely right not much time difference in the infield.
Should be interesting to see how your tsx does once it gets some more power.

Not much done to that minivan either, which is a litttle scary...haha
https://www.motortrend.com/cars/toyo...-drive-review/
post #236 of 398 (permalink) Old 09-19-2018, 11:16 AM Thread Starter
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rough draft View Post
The funny thing is you have more left in this car! Comparing your mod list to the others is pretty funny you really don't have any of the go to power mods just yet. I would think with some more power (220-230whp) you could possibly sneak into the top 3rd or 4th spot!

Just wait till you go RBC vtc gear and 3" exhaust with a tune it's a WORLD of difference!
Haha yeah, i just need to be patient. There's a ton more out of this car and that track isn't really the best track to show what this TSX can do. I'll be competing in HFF Challenge this Sunday at Buttonwillow with @angel949 and his TSX. We'll see how it does out there in slightly better conditions than late July.
post #237 of 398 (permalink) Old 09-19-2018, 11:23 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Haha yeah, i just need to be patient. There's a ton more out of this car and that track isn't really the best track to show what this TSX can do. I'll be competing in HFF Challenge this Sunday at Buttonwillow with @angel949 and his TSX. We'll see how it does out there in slightly better conditions than late July.
That would be a nice guage to see what more power would look like as well I know @angel949 is making good power! It will be nice to see the contrast between both tsx definitely post results and what not after the event

Always jealous of you West coast guys who get to track all year, our last event is October :-(

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
post #238 of 398 (permalink) Old 09-19-2018, 01:36 PM Thread Starter
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rough draft View Post
That would be a nice guage to see what more power would look like as well I know @angel949 is making good power! It will be nice to see the contrast between both tsx definitely post results and what not after the event

Always jealous of you West coast guys who get to track all year, our last event is October :-(
Our "track" season starts in October. That's when things start to cool down to the perfect temps out here. But we have to deal with traffic, earthquakes and fires though.
post #239 of 398 (permalink) Old 10-02-2018, 02:42 PM Thread Starter
Registered Member

HFF Challenge Update:

It's was a busy month for the TSX having done 4 tracks in 4 weeks. We drove Buttonwillow backwards (CCW13) for HFF Challenge on the 23rd. I competed in the Modified Class again and went slightly quicker this time around in similar conditions.

I took 2nd place for my class and ran a best lap time of 2:06.3. To compare I ran 2:07.2 the last time we went on 7/29 so the car was about a full second quicker. Daniel Kirby in the B18C swapped EF took 1st and went quite a bit faster than me so I still have some work to do!

Unfortunately, I didn't take many pictures this day so here's what I have for now. I left for the ITR/NSXPO event in Thunderhill just two days after HFF which I'll have more pictures and updates to post shortly.

Rough draft likes this.
post #240 of 398 (permalink) Old 10-03-2018, 06:44 PM Thread Starter
Registered Member

ITR/NSXPO at Thunderhill --> Big Sur --> Rennsport Reunion at Laguna Seca (Part 1):

The Tuesday after HFF Challenge I headed up to Thunderhill for the annual ITR and NSXPO event. These are typically held in the midwest so once we heard they were coming out CA for a West Coast Expo me a few friends jumped on the opportunity to lap with some old and new friends.

Marcus from HeelToe brought out his stock S2000 but sadly I was the only TSX on track. I should have a ton of track photos once they're all done being edited but for now here's a few photos I took of the 1500 mile trip.

Pitted with HeelToe

This was my fastest lap of the two days. Highly recommend this app. It's sorta like Strava for cycling and the timing is pretty accurate.

I left Thunderhill Thursday afternoon and drove 5 hours south to Big Sur to camp. This is only about 30 minutes south of Laguna Seca so it seemed worth while to camp here and then drive up to the Rennsport Reunion.

The views around Big Sur are AMAZING!

The Rennsport Reunion was so epic!

I drove back down PCH along the coast on the way home and cut through one of my favorite little highways.

More pics and video to come...
sonyfever and Rough draft like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement