Tony Jackson's Street/Track TSX Build - Page 22 - Acura TSX Forum
 237Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #316 of 429 (permalink) Old 02-25-2019, 01:40 PM
Registered Member

Wow, can't believe no one would want it for even scrap prices. Are they super low in CA?
Rough draft likes this.

2004 NHBP TSX 6-speed non-navi with 335,000 miles and counting
Build Thread: https://goo.gl/rTAMlj
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #317 of 429 (permalink) Old 02-25-2019, 02:37 PM Thread Starter
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSXXXX View Post
Wow, can't believe no one would want it for even scrap prices. Are they super low in CA?
I know. I called around and couldn't find anyone willing to scoop it up. I also got a little impatient and was sick of looking at that shell taking up all my garage space so we had to take care of business.
goforbroke likes this.
post #318 of 429 (permalink) Old 02-25-2019, 09:13 PM
Registered Member

I just read through all 22 pages and your builds are really impressive. I just picked up a 2007 Milano Red TSX 6 speed with 51,000 original miles. Super excited about finally owning a TSX after being in my integra sedan automatic for the past 3 years.

A few questions:

Are you going to strip the interior again and remove the sound deadening?
How has the K-tuned shifter held up so far? I've been considering this or the custom short shifter from Bardi as a potential first upgrade.
Lastly, what's your recommendation for a brake replacement or upgrade? My pads and rotors need to be replaced and was considering just getting OEM pads and E-coated blank rotors from Rock Auto

post #319 of 429 (permalink) Old 02-26-2019, 12:21 PM Thread Starter
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSX_scrub View Post
I just read through all 22 pages and your builds are really impressive. I just picked up a 2007 Milano Red TSX 6 speed with 51,000 original miles. Super excited about finally owning a TSX after being in my integra sedan automatic for the past 3 years.

A few questions:

Are you going to strip the interior again and remove the sound deadening?
How has the K-tuned shifter held up so far? I've been considering this or the custom short shifter from Bardi as a potential first upgrade.
Lastly, what's your recommendation for a brake replacement or upgrade? My pads and rotors need to be replaced and was considering just getting OEM pads and E-coated blank rotors from Rock Auto
Thanks! And congrats on the picking up the TSX. That's a really great year and combo!

Yes, will definitely remove the sound deadening once things warm up and the time changes for us. I'm still playing catch up on this red car to get it where the silver TSX was.

The K-Tuned shifter seemed to hold up fine but I removed it shortly after buying the car and put my stock shifter with the CT-Engineering short shift kit in.

If you're replacing pads and just driving around town the Honda pads work and last the best in my experience. Centric rotors are also a good, cheap option.
post #320 of 429 (permalink) Old 02-26-2019, 12:50 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tr3flip View Post
Thanks! And congrats on the picking up the TSX. That's a really great year and combo!

Yes, will definitely remove the sound deadening once things warm up and the time changes for us. I'm still playing catch up on this red car to get it where the silver TSX was.

The K-Tuned shifter seemed to hold up fine but I removed it shortly after buying the car and put my stock shifter with the CT-Engineering short shift kit in.

If you're replacing pads and just driving around town the Honda pads work and last the best in my experience. Centric rotors are also a good, cheap option.
why did you change up to just the short shift kit? was the K-tuned shifter not living up to its price? Jw since ive been looking to get a Ktuned Shifter
post #321 of 429 (permalink) Old 02-26-2019, 01:52 PM Thread Starter
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by YYC_TSX View Post
why did you change up to just the short shift kit? was the K-tuned shifter not living up to its price? Jw since ive been looking to get a Ktuned Shifter
Just personal preference. I was perfectly happy with the OE shifter with CTE short shift kit so I swapped them out and sold the K-Tuned shifter to a local TSX enthusiast.
YYC_TSX likes this.
post #322 of 429 (permalink) Old 03-01-2019, 12:58 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSX_scrub View Post
I would suggest the ceramic lifetime pads from auto zone and cryo rotors from brembo - with DOT 4/5 fluid from motul etc.
post #323 of 429 (permalink) Old 03-01-2019, 05:29 PM
Registered Member

I ended up just getting OEM pads with Centric rotors from Rock Auto.

Any updates for the future?
tr3flip likes this.
post #324 of 429 (permalink) Old 03-04-2019, 12:55 PM Thread Starter
Registered Member

Update: RBC Manifold & HardRace Rear Bushings

I made some updates over the weekend in preparation for round 1 of VTEC Club this weekend at Chuckwalla. I bought these HardRace bushings for the rear knuckles from Marcus at HeelToe last summer and just now getting around to installing them. I also had the Eibach/SPC adjustable upper arms i also wanted to swap over. Having the spare knuckles from my silver TSX definitely made the prep work easier as it allowed me time to clean up the knuckles and press in the bushings before starting on the car.

I didn't get a chance to drive the car much after as I went straight into the RBC manifold swap. The rear of my car seems a little unstable when hopping curbs at high speed at the track. I'm hoping these bushings will be the first step to tightening things up back there.

Old knuckle assembly and bushings on the left. HardRace bushings pressed in on the right knuckle.

The RBC manifold swap went fairly smooth but I also did a lot of researching and ordering of parts before jumping into it. Rough Draft's RBC Manifold Details thread also helped to make sure I had the right throttlebody gasket. Thanks!

The manifold is on and idles great. The power curve has been shifted to the upper RPM range. It does seem to pull a little harder once VTEC enages. There is also a prominent dead spot in the power curve around 4k and then picks up again at 5k once VTEC activates. I need to put some more miles on the car to get a better gauge of what's going on. So far I'm happy with the outcome and know in the end it will make more power once I get my VTC gear on and tune.

I used the Tractuff Water Bypass.

The TSX fuel rail and injectors bolt right up and fit like a glove.

I also had to extend the MAP sensor wire. I unclipped the L-shaped bracket that bolts to the manifold and routed the plug to come out of the top instead of the bottom for a cleaner look. The L-shaped bracket on the TSX harness also bolts up nicely to the RBC manifold.

I finished up late last night so I apologize for the crappy photo. I'll take more pics once I get more miles on the car.

One more photo from months ago when I did a test fit on the silver TSX.
TSXXXX likes this.
post #325 of 429 (permalink) Old 03-04-2019, 01:18 PM
Registered Member

Glad my haphazard write up helped out! Sometimes I like the RBC but sometimes I wonder how much if any the rrc would be especially the midrange I have the vtc installed as well car definitely moves alot better but the midrange still feels a bit different just my .02

Also when you getting the red one? Would love a little update on that when you do as I'm debating on doing the same!

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
post #326 of 429 (permalink) Old 03-04-2019, 01:26 PM Thread Starter
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rough draft View Post
Glad my haphazard write up helped out! Sometimes I like the RBC but sometimes I wonder how much if any the rrc would be especially the midrange I have the vtc installed as well car definitely moves alot better but the midrange still feels a bit different just my .02
I definitely bought the K24 tb gasket before reading your thread. Haha.
Is your car tuned with FlashPro or KTuner? Did it help the midrange at all?

Quote:
Also when you getting the red one? Would love a little update on that when you do as I'm debating on doing the same!
Getting the red one what? Tuned? Not sure. I have a KTuner ECU but need to double check with a tuner if I need anything else.
post #327 of 429 (permalink) Old 03-04-2019, 01:33 PM
Registered Member

I have flashpro and got tuned it definitely helped for sure it's just sometimes I wonder if the rrc would be that much better across the power band

And my bad I didn't finish my sentence haha but I meant when are you gutting the interior on the red one?

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
post #328 of 429 (permalink) Old 03-04-2019, 02:16 PM Thread Starter
Registered Member

Quote:
I have flashpro and got tuned it definitely helped for sure it's just sometimes I wonder if the rrc would be that much better across the power band

And my bad I didn't finish my sentence haha but I meant when are you gutting the interior on the red one?
What throttlebody are you using? 65mm? 70mm?

I'll probably start removing the sound deadening once things get a little warmer. I use dry ice for this and doing it on a hot day typically works better. Will for sure make a post when I start that process.

The trunk area, rear speakers and rear seat belts have already been removed.
post #329 of 429 (permalink) Old 03-04-2019, 05:04 PM
Registered Member

Just finished reading thru all 33 pgs. The ups and downs of trying to daily a track prepped car. Keep up the hard work. Subbed
tr3flip likes this.
post #330 of 429 (permalink) Old 03-04-2019, 05:49 PM
Registered Member

Definitely chime in on those rear hardrace bushings. I'm out of parts to change on the front end lol so time to start looking at freshening up the rear a bit more.
tr3flip likes this.

2004 NHBP TSX 6-speed non-navi with 335,000 miles and counting
Build Thread: https://goo.gl/rTAMlj
Sponsored Links
Advertisement