Tony Jackson's Street/Track TSX Build - Page 23 - Acura TSX Forum
 212Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #331 of 395 (permalink) Old 03-04-2019, 06:24 PM Thread Starter
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSXXXX View Post
Definitely chime in on those rear hardrace bushings. I'm out of parts to change on the front end lol so time to start looking at freshening up the rear a bit more.
Will do! Below is the link to the HardRace bushings I got from HeelToe. Part# 6811.

I'm going to use our Eibach resources to see if I can put together a cost effective spherical rear arm kit. So many bushings back there that are way too soft for what we're doing.

https://www.heeltoeauto.com/bushing-...r.6811-17.html
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #332 of 395 (permalink) Old 03-04-2019, 06:55 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tr3flip View Post
Will do! Below is the link to the HardRace bushings I got from HeelToe. Part# 6811.

I'm going to use our Eibach resources to see if I can put together a cost effective spherical rear arm kit. So many bushings back there that are way too soft for what we're doing.

https://www.heeltoeauto.com/bushing-...r.6811-17.html
Haha maybe too soft for what YOU'RE doing - you're the track guy not me (I wish) but the addiction is real so I'm sure at some point a rear knuckle overhaul will be on my list. Definitely in to see what you're able to piece together. Have you looked at the Ingalls spherical rear toe/camber arms at all?

I went with revised Ingalls with rubber bushings over the hardrace units and sometimes I wish I went HR.
tr3flip likes this.

2004 NHBP TSX 6-speed non-navi with 335,000 miles and counting
Build Thread: https://goo.gl/rTAMlj
post #333 of 395 (permalink) Old 03-05-2019, 10:54 AM Thread Starter
Registered Member

Quote:
Haha maybe too soft for what YOU'RE doing - you're the track guy not me (I wish) but the addiction is real so I'm sure at some point a rear knuckle overhaul will be on my list. Definitely in to see what you're able to piece together. Have you looked at the Ingalls spherical rear toe/camber arms at all?

I went with revised Ingalls with rubber bushings over the hardrace units and sometimes I wish I went HR.
Ha! So I put some more miles on the car and not noticing much of a difference in NVH from the bushings. Thinking of doing the HR trailing arm bushings (#6815) and rear lower arm bushings (#6814) next.

I have seen the spherical Ingall's rear upper arms and may go that route if I can't find something else. I was hoping to find a spherical rod end to put on my current SPC/Eibach kit.

I also took a better picture of the RBC manifold last night after buttoning up a few things.

TSX_3.5.19_3 by Tony Jackson, on Flickr

post #334 of 395 (permalink) Old 03-08-2019, 12:11 PM
Registered Member

engine bay looks badass! love your build thread lots of info.
tr3flip likes this.
post #335 of 395 (permalink) Old 03-08-2019, 04:51 PM Thread Starter
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lacky271 View Post
engine bay looks badass! love your build thread lots of info.
Thanks! The outside needs some love now. Hoping to get my bumper and a few other parts painted at the end of the month.

Doing some prep for VTEC Club this weekend and had our technicians give the TSX a fresh alignment this afternoon.

While it was up there we took some measurements to put together a spherical end link kit for the front and rear. We've been busting out a lot of these lately for newer applications using high quality Aurora rod ends. Super hyped to get these on later.

post #336 of 395 (permalink) Old 03-08-2019, 05:06 PM
Registered Member

1 off or plan on throwing more of those end link kits together? They look beefy af
tr3flip likes this.

post #337 of 395 (permalink) Old 03-08-2019, 05:22 PM Thread Starter
Registered Member

Quote:
1 off or plan on throwing more of those end link kits together? They look beefy af
Yeah, I had these same branded rod ends on my Civic and they stayed tight after years of abuse.

I'm going to catalog these. We have some other pieces we want to try out that are coming later this month. Once the materials are finalized I can put together a price and get them cataloged.
goforbroke and TSXXXX like this.
post #338 of 395 (permalink) Old 03-08-2019, 05:26 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tr3flip View Post
Yeah, I had these same branded rod ends on my Civic and they stayed tight after years of abuse.

I'm going to catalog these. We have some other pieces we want to try out that are coming later this month. Once the materials are finalized I can put together a price and get them cataloged.
I'm definitely interested..
tr3flip likes this.

post #339 of 395 (permalink) Old 03-08-2019, 08:13 PM
Bardi

Garage
They make rubber covers for those rod ends. It keeps the dirt out and the grease in. Easy to install, and short money. I highly recommend them!

If you want to make your own check out Midwest Controls. Their catalog has everything you need. They also spherical bearing sizes that get rid of the rear rubber of the rear control arms.
tr3flip likes this.
post #340 of 395 (permalink) Old 03-10-2019, 11:29 AM
J-Spec

Very impressed with the amount work you put into this project and glad you're continuing with the TSX chassis.
It's a great platform. Looking forward to seeing your continued progress and modifications.
tr3flip likes this.
post #341 of 395 (permalink) Old 03-11-2019, 12:05 PM Thread Starter
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brock View Post
Very impressed with the amount work you put into this project and glad you're continuing with the TSX chassis.
It's a great platform. Looking forward to seeing your continued progress and modifications.
Thank you, Brock! I've enjoyed following your build as well.
post #342 of 395 (permalink) Old 03-11-2019, 01:08 PM Thread Starter
Registered Member

I was able to get these new end links installed on Saturday before I headed out to the track. The lengths and articulation all seem to be spot on with zero noise or binding.

I started with the rears first. I noticed my sway bar was shifted more to the passenger side when doing the end links so I decided to pull the sway bar bushings out and regrease them while I had the car in the air.

Stock Rear End Link & Eibach Rear End Link

Stock Front End Link and & Eibach Front End Link

post #343 of 395 (permalink) Old 03-11-2019, 08:19 PM
Registered Member

makes a big improvement especially with KTuner....mine has a p1009 error the tuner is refusing to fix and a few other things but it still hauls and I've scheduled time with another tuner to fix it.
tr3flip likes this.
post #344 of 395 (permalink) Old 03-12-2019, 01:53 PM Thread Starter
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by circuitsports View Post
makes a big improvement especially with KTuner....mine has a p1009 error the tuner is refusing to fix and a few other things but it still hauls and I've scheduled time with another tuner to fix it.
Definitely need to start collecting parts for a real tune.

I didn't take a whole lot of pictures from the VTEC Club event at Chuckwalla but here's what I got. We had a pretty good showing of TSXs out there too.

My car ran good all weekend and was right on the pace I had expected with consistent 2:05 laps. I didn't make it on the podium for the N1 class but with a little more power and little less weight I should be able to fight for podiums in the future. The top 3 finishers in N1 were in the mid 2:04 range so I just need to find a few more tenths of a second out there.

Angel Pena, Jonathan Sanchez and me posing after a fun day

This was my fastest lap of the day - 2:05.2

Will Drees' real deal Spoon Accord was ripping out there!

Jonathan's bad ass TSX

post #345 of 395 (permalink) Old 03-12-2019, 04:04 PM
Registered Member

Found Will Dree's insta and man, that Spoon TSX is too cool. Didn't initially realize it is a real deal Spoon car. Glad to see such a good TSX turnout! Looks like a blast
tr3flip likes this.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement