Tony Jackson's Street/Track TSX Build - Page 27 - Acura TSX Forum
 217Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #391 of 398 (permalink) Old 04-19-2019, 02:12 AM
Registered Member

Damn I like the new look. Cohesive and factory-ish. Looks like the recently-announced PMC edition cars!

04 TSX AT
My build thread - Comfort Sport Build

Engine
Phase 1: CT-E I/H, 06 air tube, 06 CAT, reflash
Phase 2: 06 intake cam, 45 VTC, RSP IM, FlashPro
Phase 2.1: HFC, 06 RBB IM
Phase 3: ASP header

Others
Tein CST 8-5 kg/mm with revalve, Progress RSB, Alutec strut bar
Skunk2 Front upper arms
XLR8 BBK (ST-41 4-pot caliper/SS line/One-piece slot rotor)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #392 of 398 (permalink) Old 04-22-2019, 12:20 PM Thread Starter
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonyfever View Post
Damn I like the new look. Cohesive and factory-ish. Looks like the recently-announced PMC edition cars!
Thank you! I got the other side completed with the painted handles and super happy with how factory it looks while hiding the chrome.

I made time last week to pull the front lower arms off my old TSX (owned by my coworker now) with the PCI spherical front bushings.

I swapped these over on Friday and pleasantly surprised by the difference. The front steering feels more crisp and there is a slight raise in NVH at high speeds over road imperfections and lane reflectors but still very tolerable.

The arms I took off had relatively new TL-S front bushings I pressed in. Upon inspection, these bushings had already started to rip on both arms! After seeing this, I'm even more convinced to keep the PCI front bearings in.

post #393 of 398 (permalink) Old 04-22-2019, 03:11 PM
Registered Member

Wow can't believe the TL-S are ripping already too. I'll have to keep an eye on my hardrace bushings and if they tear the PCI sphericals are gonna make their way on.
tr3flip likes this.

2004 NHBP TSX 6-speed non-navi with 335,000 miles and counting
Build Thread: https://goo.gl/rTAMlj

post #394 of 398 (permalink) Old 04-23-2019, 08:27 PM
J-Spec

For the record, I'm the person that got PCI to make those spherical bearings for a TSX.
I even sent Brian my old control arms. I think the selling point was that the same parts
could be used for three different chassis. Anyway, they work well, but after having them
in for a week, I decided that the crisp steering response wasn't worth the extra road noise.
Just my preference.

Also, the 04-06 TL bushings are harder than the 07-08. Acura went softer for the 07-08 TL.
I have a press release stating that all the suspension bushings were softened up, with the
exception of the Type-S shock bushings in the top hats. Those are harder and also have
the washer molded into the part.
tr3flip and TSXXXX like this.
post #395 of 398 (permalink) Old 04-24-2019, 10:40 AM Thread Starter
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brock View Post
For the record, I'm the person that got PCI to make those spherical bearings for a TSX.
I even sent Brian my old control arms. I think the selling point was that the same parts
could be used for three different chassis. Anyway, they work well, but after having them
in for a week, I decided that the crisp steering response wasn't worth the extra road noise.
Just my preference.

Also, the 04-06 TL bushings are harder than the 07-08. Acura went softer for the 07-08 TL.
I have a press release stating that all the suspension bushings were softened up, with the
exception of the Type-S shock bushings in the top hats. Those are harder and also have
Glad he did! I didn't like them at first when I put them in two years ago but I also think my spring rates and ride heights were way off. Made the whole car feel like crap. I'm enjoying the crisper steering and braking now that I've put them back in.
mathlabs likes this.
post #396 of 398 (permalink) Old Today, 01:48 PM Thread Starter
Registered Member

Wheel Bearing/Hub/Stud Replacement:

I started getting a wobbly wheel bearing recently so I bought new hubs and bearings to press in along with a new 15mm Eibach wheel spacer kit and extended studs (included in the Eibach kit).

Pressing everything out and back in was pretty straight forward but will admit it took me some time to get everything stacked up right. It's a good feeling knowing that I can swap this stuff in my garage any time now moving forward.

Our son is getting to that age and showing an interest in cars...finally! So I had him help me with the stud replacement and knuckle swap. He seemed to enjoy the work and was able to get everything together once I showed him how to take it all apart. I think I might have myself a new pit crew mechanic for when I go to the track next.

Throwing in this cool shot my friend Danny (JDMzipties) took while he was visiting Eibach the other day.

sonyfever and TSXXXX like this.
post #397 of 398 (permalink) Old Today, 05:30 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brock View Post
Awesome info here Brock, thanks for sharing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tr3flip View Post
Is that last insta pic showing the car post extended studs and spacers?

Looks like you made quick work of the hub/wheelbearing install. Glad to see you had no issues putting a bearing in backwards like my local shop did to me recently lol.
tr3flip likes this.

2004 NHBP TSX 6-speed non-navi with 335,000 miles and counting
Build Thread: https://goo.gl/rTAMlj
post #398 of 398 (permalink) Old Today, 05:57 PM Thread Starter
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSXXXX View Post
Is that last insta pic showing the car post extended studs and spacers?

Looks like you made quick work of the hub/wheelbearing install. Glad to see you had no issues putting a bearing in backwards like my local shop did to me recently lol.
The IG photo does have the extended studs and 15mm wheel spacer installed but they were the old knuckles from my silver TSX. I just put these on two weeks ago. I realized the bearing had started to wobble so I had ordered the parts shortly after putting in the knuckles.

And there's definitely a certain way to install the bearings without messing anything up. Just have to be very thorough and take your time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement