Dropped the car off tuesday afternoon and picked it up on friday afternoon. $1100 out the door for a full respray (premium basecoat + clearcoat) the only bodywork on the car was the rear passenger quarter that had gotten the damage
I had taken off the visors, badges, grill and wheels before giving the car to paint. Now it's time to put everything back together and mount some new parts I had laying around.
This is what the new color looks like under a garage light. Meteor silver metallic was very flakey from the factory so I didn't have to ask for extra flakes.
I planned on spending the entire day putting the car back together with hopes of it finally coming together to be the car I once dreamed of owning.
Before getting to work I went to my local auto parts store and picked up a ton of supplies to finish this project: High mileage oil, mothers back to black, touchless wash, microfiber cloths, window cleaner, 3m tape and I'm sure i'm forgetting some more stuff.
First thing I did was hit my grill with some back to black and it turned it from a flat ashy grey to a deep shiny greyish black. I'm gonna have to hit the pink writing on the top with some paint to cover it up.
Next thing was fully detailing all of the plastics and dirty components in my engine bay, using back to black and spray cleaners. It came out really good if I do say so myself.
Swapped in my 06/08 windshield wiper arms and hit the windshield cowl with some of the back to black. The arms sit a lot lower and the cowl shines like new. Little things like these are what add up in the long run to a super clean looking car.
Put my buddyclub oil cap and rad cap on with the addition of my FD2 dipstick. The orange one sticks out way to much in the stock bay and I'm glad to have gotten rid of it finally.
My headlights were in desperate need of a restore, hit it was some crc brake cleaner and they freshened right up. I'm gonna keep applying coats of it and they should be back to new.
That's it for under the hood, now time for the good stuff.
The oem wing uses 4 holes on the left side and 3 holes on the right side. This is a problem because the mugen wing only uses 2 holes. I forgot to tell the paint shop to cover up all the holes so I had to figure out how to get out of the problem. It's a good thing they gave me a small bottle of my cars paint for issues like this. Decided to put some body filler on the bottom of two of them and dab some of the new paint on top of it. The last hole I used a plastic plug with silicone to seal it in
Prepped the wing by putting on the bottom spacer and the titanium badges I had gotten for it. So damn sexy.
The wing matched up perfectly with the remaining two holes and we used the given mugen bolts to secure it. I couldn't be happier with how the wing sits and looks.
Will we were working on the back I popped all of the rear lights out and swapped them with my 2006/2008 jdm one's one time. That amber corner and lhd rear fog looks so gorgeous.
Put on the newer visors I picked up from a friend to replace the 14 year old ones that were previously on the car. I used some 3m tape, fluff and the oem clips to secure them.
Picked up these matching modulo badges from yahoo auctions, I cleaned them up and removed all of the old adhesive. After that I applied some fresh 3m tape and stuck them on both sides takes careful measurements to make sure they were even on both sides.
Threw the RPF1's back on and even though it was raining I had to take the car outside for a couple pics to show it off.
When I first got this car I never thought it would even half as good as it does now. I can't thank everyone who's helped me out through the years of putting this car together. I plan on taking the car down to honda day and putting it in the show to showcase the car's final form. I don't forsure any more visual stuff happening to the car now, I would love to get a full exhaust and ecu reflash in the future though