@msmcl9 5AT daily driver build - Page 2 - Acura TSX Forum
 5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 33 (permalink) Old 07-03-2018, 04:40 PM Thread Starter
Registered Member

Garage
Circa December 2017 - January 2018
At this point in time I had made alot of money reselling parts and saving up from doing odd jobs here and there around my town. This lead to me having some money burning through my pocket.

Even though I loved my accord sports they shook at 60mph and were extremely heavy so I had an interest in switching up wheel setups again. After searching all of my local places that wheels could be sold at for weeks and weeks only to see junk every day I ended up finding something that caught my eye. This guys was selling a set of Enkei Nt03+m all black in 18x9.5 +40 with shot 245/40 tires. He wanted $700 for them and I thought that was pretty fair for them, when I went to buy them from him I found out he previously had them on his 2007 tsx he recently sold. He liked what I was doing with my car and ended up giving me a pair of megan upper rear camber arms for free since he accidentally ordered 2 when he was putting his car together. They weren't in the best condition but for the price I couldn't complain at least none of them were bent like my current wheels.

those wheels were item one on a checklist of things I wanted to get to throw together a summer setup.

I took full advantage of Heeltoes black friday sale and picked up a set of tein street basis for $400 shipped

Speaking of Black Friday I also ordered a ct icebox intake from thmotorsports for $140 shipped

Through my parts importing I ended up getting this sweet 06/08 ukdm steering wheel and it was a perfect upgrade to my somewhat plain setup I had going on

My parts pile started to look like what other people would consider an entire build lol

2004 Acura TSX [MSM]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 33 (permalink) Old 07-03-2018, 05:27 PM Thread Starter
Registered Member

Garage
Circa January - March 2018

One of my dreams for my car was to own a Honda access Modulo Voltage front bumper. Unfortunately owning a $1000+ front bumper with the finances of an 18 year old wouldn't be easy task. With that in mind if anyone is in the facebook tsx scene the name David Wrenn should be one you're very familiar with with. Over the past year of modding my car and making a name for myself in the community we became very good friends and when he offered to sell me the modulo setup he was piecing together I had to jump on the deal. That weekend I made the drive down and picked up my dream bumper from him.

dropped it off for paint after a couple weeks of saving and it was ready to go on my car

meanwhile I ended up scoring a set of oem 06/08 ukdm blue corner headlights for a steal and I decided I might as well put them on my car as well as some of other parts I had been hoarding.

So these headlights are NON-HID RHD headlights so I was gonna have to convert them to LHD HID before I could run them on my car. Thanks to the help of my stock headlights for the LHD projectors and David Wrenn for sending me his oem 06/08 jdm hd ballasts and ignitors I was able to fully convert them pretty easily.

Had a run in with a cardboard box on a highway offramp coming home one day

I threw on the bumper, headlights and ct icebox all at once

The icebox made the car feel a lot more responsive and the sound it makes now is intoxicating, 100% recommend the icebox to anyone that asks about what intake they should buy

I noticed that the chrome trim really didn't fit along with the cgp color of the modulo grill, so I ended up looking on ebay and somebody was selling a cgp trim for $40 shipped so I had to pick it up

the facelift made me fall in love with the car all over again

2004 Acura TSX [MSM]
post #18 of 33 (permalink) Old 07-03-2018, 06:18 PM Thread Starter
Registered Member

Garage
Circa March-May 2018

Heres some pictures I took after giving my car it's first wash of 2018

So now that I had finished my front end, I decided to move full speed ahead on my suspension/wheel setup. When I installed my 15mm spacer I had to cut my studs to run it, this then limited me to have to run a set of wheels that needed to be spaced out 15mm. In order to run lower offset wheels like my nt03+m I was gonna have to replace my studs or hub.
I ended up buying some new hubs from rock auto and some tuner style black lug nuts as my oem ones probably wouldn't fit and look out of place

One weekend I decided I was gonna install my: teins, new hubs and hopefully my nt03's

So everything went to plan except getting my wheels to fit. I set of coils as high as they could go, which is 2 inches all around, when I put my wheels on they rubbed like CRAZY. These wheels would not be able to fit properly unless I rolled my fenders and stretched a 225/40 on this 9.5 inch wheel.

After alot of debate I decided to just sell them and try to buy something brand new in the specs for my car.

I decided to finally install my jdm steering wheel setup. 2006/2008 jdm airbag, 2003-2007 ebay accord controls, CL7 accord vinyl steering wheel

Ended up scoring a set of stock wheels for super cheap in a trade and decided to take off my bent accord wheels and gain back some mpgs while I save up for my new wheels

Managed to source a set of accord door sills and with that my complete honda conversion is done

Earlier on I said that I sold my 04/05 jdm tail lights because I feel in love with the 06/08 jdm corners. Well I managed to find a set of corners and a LHD rear fog light from russia. These are so clean in person I actually stayed in my basement for an hour just marveling them.

2004 Acura TSX [MSM]

post #19 of 33 (permalink) Old 07-03-2018, 06:35 PM Thread Starter
Registered Member

Garage
Circa June- July 2018

Finally caught up on my build

So I'm currently in the process of saving up to do a full repaint on my car. Along with that i'm slowly acquiring parts that will go on while I'm putting the car back together afterwards. One of the things I really wanted to get along with my modulo bumper was a 06/08 mugen wing, David Wrenn asked me if I wanted to buy his and the next day I went down and picked it up from him

the guy she tells you not to worry about vs you

This wing is so sexy omg

Ever since I sold my nt03's I've been researching what wheels in my price range would fit my car perfectly without rolling my fenders. After months of researching I ended up going with a set of enkei RPF-1 17x9 +45 with a 245/40 firestone firehawk indy 500 tire.

they fit the car perfectly with the only rubbing being lightly when I'm turning at high speeds on uneven road, which is almost never something that happens.

So with that I'm fully caught up with everything I've done to my car to this current date.

2004 Acura TSX [MSM]
post #20 of 33 (permalink) Old 07-19-2018, 03:08 PM
Registered Member

Great progress! Loving the unique, OE+ look.
post #21 of 33 (permalink) Old 07-19-2018, 10:57 PM Thread Starter
Registered Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by tr3flip View Post
Great progress! Loving the unique, OE+ look.
Thank you!! OEM+ all the way for me

2004 Acura TSX [MSM]
post #22 of 33 (permalink) Old 07-19-2018, 11:03 PM Thread Starter
Registered Member

Garage
My dad decided to pull out his crx after a couple years of it never leaving our garage. I guess you could say the apple didn't fall far from the tree when it comes to building hondas.

This is my current parts pile that will be put onto my car once I find the time to get it painted.

2004 Acura TSX [MSM]
post #23 of 33 (permalink) Old 07-20-2018, 10:32 AM
Registered Member

Nice little parts pile you have going there Bryan!

2004 NHBP TSX 6-speed non-navi with 335,000 miles and counting
Build Thread: https://goo.gl/rTAMlj
post #24 of 33 (permalink) Old 07-20-2018, 12:19 PM
Premium Club Member

Sweet build man. Definitely giving me ideas on what I want to do with my exterior.
post #25 of 33 (permalink) Old 07-20-2018, 07:46 PM Thread Starter
Registered Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSXXXX View Post
Nice little parts pile you have going there Bryan!
Thanks! can't wait to put all of it on my car, especially excited about the mugen wing

2004 Acura TSX [MSM]
post #26 of 33 (permalink) Old 07-20-2018, 07:47 PM Thread Starter
Registered Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA-TSX View Post
Sweet build man. Definitely giving me ideas on what I want to do with my exterior.
thank you! I'm glad I could give you some inspiration
NOLA-TSX likes this.

2004 Acura TSX [MSM]
post #27 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-04-2018, 12:44 PM Thread Starter
Registered Member

Garage
9/4/18

Car has been dropped off to maaco to get a respray, shop told me I would be getting it back on Friday so hopefully over the weekend I will have the car fitted with all of the parts from my pile.

2004 Acura TSX [MSM]
post #28 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-10-2018, 03:39 PM Thread Starter
Registered Member

Garage
9/7/2018

Dropped the car off tuesday afternoon and picked it up on friday afternoon. $1100 out the door for a full respray (premium basecoat + clearcoat) the only bodywork on the car was the rear passenger quarter that had gotten the damage

I had taken off the visors, badges, grill and wheels before giving the car to paint. Now it's time to put everything back together and mount some new parts I had laying around.

This is what the new color looks like under a garage light. Meteor silver metallic was very flakey from the factory so I didn't have to ask for extra flakes.

9/8/18
I planned on spending the entire day putting the car back together with hopes of it finally coming together to be the car I once dreamed of owning.

Before getting to work I went to my local auto parts store and picked up a ton of supplies to finish this project: High mileage oil, mothers back to black, touchless wash, microfiber cloths, window cleaner, 3m tape and I'm sure i'm forgetting some more stuff.

First thing I did was hit my grill with some back to black and it turned it from a flat ashy grey to a deep shiny greyish black. I'm gonna have to hit the pink writing on the top with some paint to cover it up.

Next thing was fully detailing all of the plastics and dirty components in my engine bay, using back to black and spray cleaners. It came out really good if I do say so myself.

Swapped in my 06/08 windshield wiper arms and hit the windshield cowl with some of the back to black. The arms sit a lot lower and the cowl shines like new. Little things like these are what add up in the long run to a super clean looking car.

Put my buddyclub oil cap and rad cap on with the addition of my FD2 dipstick. The orange one sticks out way to much in the stock bay and I'm glad to have gotten rid of it finally.

My headlights were in desperate need of a restore, hit it was some crc brake cleaner and they freshened right up. I'm gonna keep applying coats of it and they should be back to new.

That's it for under the hood, now time for the good stuff.

The oem wing uses 4 holes on the left side and 3 holes on the right side. This is a problem because the mugen wing only uses 2 holes. I forgot to tell the paint shop to cover up all the holes so I had to figure out how to get out of the problem. It's a good thing they gave me a small bottle of my cars paint for issues like this. Decided to put some body filler on the bottom of two of them and dab some of the new paint on top of it. The last hole I used a plastic plug with silicone to seal it in

Prepped the wing by putting on the bottom spacer and the titanium badges I had gotten for it. So damn sexy.

The wing matched up perfectly with the remaining two holes and we used the given mugen bolts to secure it. I couldn't be happier with how the wing sits and looks.

Will we were working on the back I popped all of the rear lights out and swapped them with my 2006/2008 jdm one's one time. That amber corner and lhd rear fog looks so gorgeous.

Put on the newer visors I picked up from a friend to replace the 14 year old ones that were previously on the car. I used some 3m tape, fluff and the oem clips to secure them.

Picked up these matching modulo badges from yahoo auctions, I cleaned them up and removed all of the old adhesive. After that I applied some fresh 3m tape and stuck them on both sides takes careful measurements to make sure they were even on both sides.

Threw the RPF1's back on and even though it was raining I had to take the car outside for a couple pics to show it off.

When I first got this car I never thought it would even half as good as it does now. I can't thank everyone who's helped me out through the years of putting this car together. I plan on taking the car down to honda day and putting it in the show to showcase the car's final form. I don't forsure any more visual stuff happening to the car now, I would love to get a full exhaust and ecu reflash in the future though

2004 Acura TSX [MSM]
post #29 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-16-2018, 06:15 PM
Registered Member

Man that looks great. I can tell this has been a labor of love for you and this build. Really liking the tasteful aesthetic touches you added. Real clean, keep up the good work!
post #30 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-16-2018, 07:30 PM Thread Starter
Registered Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balla2428 View Post
Man that looks great. I can tell this has been a labor of love for you and this build. Really liking the tasteful aesthetic touches you added. Real clean, keep up the good work!
Thank you!

2004 Acura TSX [MSM]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement