05 tsx turbo conversion - Acura TSX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 07-28-2018, 07:15 AM Thread Starter
Registered Member

Send a message via Skype™ to nebulae92
05 tsx turbo conversion

hello ladies and gents
i have a 2005 Australian delivered accord euro with the k24a3 motor. i have started doing a turbo conversion and have a few questions concerning different area's. i am planning on running 8psi on a 100% stock motor, hoping for 220-250 whp. im planning on doing this "cheaply" buying mainly off ebay. most of the fab work i did myself and i have the tools to do the majority of the work also. If anyone has any relevant info feel free to comment.

build profile so far
ebay spec chinese turbo. 3inch inlet 2 inch outlet. rated for up to "470 hp @ 7-14 psi" allegedly
home made log style manifold and dump pipe
home made 2" piping with ebay silicon bends
550x140x70mm intercooler, with 2" inlet/outlet

here are my "plans"
run a haltech elite 2500 ecu-wired and tuned by a professional
1 grade cooler spark plugs
stage 4 clutch (current one is broken)-replaced along with timing chain by mechanic
ktuned 4 bar map sensor
ktuned steel sump (to weld on oil return)
wide band o2 sensor

things i am unsure about
injectors
fuel pump/system

time to elaborate on the "issues" the tsx had a dead head fuel system, meaning there is only one line from the tank to the injectors, meaning you cant use a boost compensated fuel pressure regulator. firstly, my research on these forums tells me that the stock fuel pump will be easily sufficient for my relatively low power goals. however im unsure if the fuel pressure regulator will work. as boost goes up fuel pressure needs to go up accordingly so fuel pressure is stable and doesnt drop in relation to cylinder intake pressure. in my manual, the fuel pressure should be 48-55psi. meaning at 8psi, it will be more like 42-47psi. when tuning can they adjust the time the injector is spraying to account for changes in pressure differential? i have tried to find a fuel rail that is made for returned fuel systems but they all seem to be dead head. is it a common mod to make into a returned system? if rather not have to convert it if the stock fuel system will be fine for my 8psi and 250 whp goals. im not planning on running anything other than pump gas for convenience, not even the highest grade of pump gas too. i am also unsure on what size cc injectors will be ideal, i believe anything 400cc+ will be ok for this power?

if you have any credible info/ experience i would love to hear about it. i have ordered some parts but yet to order injectors/ecu and any fuel system mods.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 08-31-2018, 03:40 PM
Registered Member

For the fuel pump:

https://www.tsxclub.com/forums/1st-g...-pump-tsx.html

DeatschWerks 265 LPH Compact In-Tank Fuel Pump
Sponsored Links
Advertisement