Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
SoyBoy
140 Posts
Accord coupe auto- ~mid 7s
Tsx auto- ~low 8s
Those are my guesses. rAiN, Why would you not choose to take the manual over the automatic? I know they are fussier transmissions to deal with but if you take care of them and be gentle with shifts they are not only faster but more exciting to drive. Besides they are both close ratio six speeds. First time ever there is a six speed manual on an Accord:)

·
, Administrator Emeritus
2,496 Posts
yep i agree get a manual everytime i bought a car that was automatic i was pissed till the day i sold it :D

·
Banned
478 Posts
lovemyaccord said:
Accord coupe auto- ~mid 7s
Tsx auto- ~low 8s
Those are my guesses. rAiN, Why would you not choose to take the manual over the automatic? I know they are fussier transmissions to deal with but if you take care of them and be gentle with shifts they are not only faster but more exciting to drive. Besides they are both close ratio six speeds. First time ever there is a six speed manual on an Accord:)
Not true.

The V6 Accord coupe offered a 6 speed first.;)

And it's a faster car than the TSX.:eek:

·
SoyBoy
140 Posts
:confused:
The CordCpe6spd did come out before the TSX. But it is the FIRST TIME they offered a 6spd manual in any USDM accord.

2003CordCpe6spd- 6.1 to mid 6s
TSX 6spd- 6.6 to ~7
Those are my guesses and of course they depend on how hard you launch, how high you rev, shifting, tires, mods, .........and etc.
Does anyone have the actual times from motor trend, caranddriver, or ____?

·
Banned
478 Posts
lovemyaccord said:
:confused:
The CordCpe6spd did come out before the TSX. But it is the FIRST TIME they offered a 6spd manual in any USDM accord.

2003CordCpe6spd- 6.1 to mid 6s
TSX 6spd- 6.6 to ~7
Those are my guesses and of course they depend on how hard you launch, how high you rev, shifting, tires, mods, .........and etc.
Does anyone have the actual times from motor trend, caranddriver, or ____?
You said, "an Accord."

6.6. sec sounds pretty optimistic for a TSX's 0 - 60 time.

That's secondary, anway. 0 - 100 MPH says a lot more...Ditto for 60 - 100 MPH.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts