Acura TSX Forum banner

21 - 40 of 70 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,174 Posts
"I bought a cardone one and it shakes at 20mph, the guy doing my alignment said 'yea 20 and 60.'"

Yeah what? This is the issue almost everyone has with aftermarket axles.

You needed to replace the oem axle inner joint per this thread.

"I have the oem one but it came apart at the outer boot in the wreck, and it was stuck in the control arm(it might have gotten bent)."

Sounds like you want inner and outer joints. It might be cheaper than replacing the whole axle. I am not sure how the axle would be stick in the control arm though. That sounds kinda impossible.

04-08 AT and MT are all the same axles.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Correct me if I'm wrong, but the inner joints referred to in the article are part of an axle.

I understand how the wear of that axle would cause vibrations, but what about the new aftermarket replacement axles? These should come with a brand new CV joints, with no wear whatsoever, yet the problem persists (or gets worse in some cases). Why would that be?
has anyone answered this? if you buy a new axle that inner joints are new

·
Premium Member
3,174 Posts
Yea but the "new" aftermarket axles are crappy in other ways and cause other vibrations and issues. Getting new aftermarket ones is no fix. As near as I can tell, every aftermarket one out there has been problematic. I expect they are all really the same thing.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Is there a visible difference between OEM and aftermarket axles? This is on my to-do list and I'm not sure if the PO replaced the axles before.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Replaced passenger side, and most vibrations are gone. There are still a little, but it's like 90% better!

Thanks Heeltoe!

·
Registered
442 Posts
Marcus, so I ordered one of those rebuilt ones from VatoZone and come to find out it didnt fix. So I'm going to try to rebuilt mine on my own using the kit you have. Do you have a How to Video on this? I usually just install rebuilt ones but Never rebuilt one myself....

T.I.A.

You have a problem with your brake pads. Consider the HTSpec Stage 0 brake kit.

I am working on a VIDEO on how to do it actually :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am experiencing the same problem with my 06 TSX. I cant wait to see that install video! I'll be doing this for sure. Is the kit the same for both sides? Also, how can you tell for sure that it is an OEM axle.....is it stamped on it somewhere?

Sent from my Autoguide iPad app

·
Registered
7 Posts
Does anyone know if this kit will work with an aftermarket axle? I see that Heel Toe does not recommend this but I would still like to know if anyone has tried it. I threw both of my OEM axles away after replaceing them with aftermarket axles. The aftermarket axles fixed the shake at 60mph but created shaking at 20mph.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Does anyone know if this kit will work with an aftermarket axle? I see that Heel Toe does not recommend this but I would still like to know if anyone has tried it. I threw both of my OEM axles away after replaceing them with aftermarket axles. The aftermarket axles fixed the shake at 60mph but created shaking at 20mph.
Bump on the same boat.

·
Registered
20 Posts
same here mine had a core on them

·
Registered
427 Posts
I have a used driver side axle that i don't mind selling if you guys are interested.
Boots are good, no vibrations. "OEM" 60k miles, i purchased a brand new oem one for a bargain so i had this as an extra just in case, so if you guys want it PM me a price, remember shipping is what's gonna cost.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Sorry to revive an old thread....
To rebuild the joint, is it easier to pull the axel out of the car? If so, do you need to drain the tranny fluid first? (it's been a while since I have rebuilt a joint so I can't remember on my other card, Toyota MR, if I had to drain the tranny.)
Thanks!

·
Registered
442 Posts
Bump for the DIY Video. Ordered the parts from HT and have been sitting in my trunk waiting for a DIY. My mechanic refuses to rebuild it. He says buy a rebuilt one...

TIA

·
Premium Member
3,174 Posts
Hey guys, if you have aftermarket axles and are having an issue I think you have basically two choices...1) get new factory axles, or 2) Get Honda remans (we have them on our site now).

The video is going nowhere fast apparently. It is really really pretty simple job though. I will have to try and do a DIY one of these days for you. it isn't rocket science.

21 - 40 of 70 Posts