Acura TSX Forum banner

41 - 60 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
442 Posts
I convinced my mechanic friend to do it. It is in fact easy. It solved the problem and I love my car again

·
ridiculously good looking
646 Posts
Hey guys, if you have aftermarket axles and are having an issue I think you have basically two choices...1) get new factory axles, or 2) Get Honda remans (we have them on our site now).

The video is going nowhere fast apparently. It is really really pretty simple job though. I will have to try and do a DIY one of these days for you. it isn't rocket science.
Marcus, since you moved to Portland, do you have a shop that you could recommend that can do the work? It looks like I'll have to find a new mechanic :(

·
Registered
24 Posts
Does the entire axle need to be removed from the card to replace the joint? Or can it be separated and rebuilt while still installed?

·
Registered
164 Posts
Before this solution was offered, i purchased brand new OEM axles from the dealers for around 1k for the pair - it solved my vibration issues.

I have my old axles (OEM '07 AT) with 100k on them, if anyone that has aftermarket axles is interested, i could sell them to you so that you have a set to do the heeltoe rebuild on.

Thanks for getting to the bottom of the issue Marcus!

·
646 Posts
This resolved my shaking issue. Thanks for researching this Marcus!

I replaced both sides (just because I plan to keep the car longer) at 135,000 miles on the odometer.

·
wine em, dine em, cl9 em
940 Posts
This resolved my shaking issue. Thanks for researching this Marcus!

I replaced both sides (just because I plan to keep the car longer) at 135,000 miles on the odometer.
out of curiosity, did you have a shop do the work? how much did they charge you?

·
646 Posts
The shop I went to did it for me at $120 per side (with a discount). I would assume regular price would be around $150 per side?

·
GO BLUE!
884 Posts
So each axle is about 2-hour labor correct?? And is there anyone who you'd recommend (Firestone, Monro, etc.) or any ma&pa shop can do it??

·
I </3 NY ROADS
4,046 Posts
Looks like I need this kit asap, started experiencing the shakes at 20 mph now it shakes at 60mph. I can only imagine how beat the axles are from being lowered for over 70k miles.

Bump for a useful thread!

·
PoPo
147 Posts
I have the same issue just don't know which side is causing this, feel it more on the driver side but that could be due to the steering wheel. Anyone else had this identification factor>?

41 - 60 of 70 Posts