Acura TSX Forum banner

61 - 70 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
i think my axles are aftermarket. is there a way to tell? if i do have aftermarket axles would i go ahead and replace with aftermarket again since i cant use the kit in a aftermarket axle?

·
Premium Member
3,174 Posts
After reading this thread I gambled and bought the kit from heeltoe and fixed my axle. Vibration and shaking stopped. Problem solved.

This video helped

http://www.tsxclub.com/forums/heeltoe-automotive/114154-video-honda-acura-inner-axle-joint-boot-replacement.html
Thanks! This thread was intended to make the purchase a no-brainer...its not gambling if you know the outcome.

I have the same issue just don't know which side is causing this, feel it more on the driver side but that could be due to the steering wheel. Anyone else had this identification factor>?
Some people claim they can feel it one side or the other. We cannot. Start with the right, then do the left.

Does anyone know a mechanic in NJ/NY that will do this fix?
Anyone worth their salt can do it. Should not be more than 1-1.5 hrs in labor IMO.

i think my axles are aftermarket. is there a way to tell? if i do have aftermarket axles would i go ahead and replace with aftermarket again since i cant use the kit in a aftermarket axle?
Look at the rubber damper on the shaft...there should be an "SEA" or "SDA" stamped on it. That is the OEM-axle giveaway we know best.

My vibration is felt above like 50mph. Would that be the axles? My wheels are new and balanced properly.
If you feel it while on the gas, it is an axle issue. If it is while you are not on the gas or engine-braking, it is something else.

·
Registered
103 Posts
If you feel it while on the gas, it is an axle issue. If it is while you are not on the gas or engine-braking, it is something else.
shoot. well i feel the vibration at all times. when im off the gas i can feel it. any idea why im getting this vibration while not on the gas? i have new wheels and tires & new powerstop rotors and pads.

I also seem to notice a "winding" down noise when i let off the gas.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Just did my passengers side rebuild kit on new years eve and it didnt help. Im doing the drivers side rebuild kit next, hope that fixes it because the shake is very annoying.

·
ridiculously good looking
646 Posts
Has anyone else had to replace the inner axle again after replacing it with the kit from heeltoe? It appears my car has started shaking again (2 years later).

·
Registered
42 Posts
Just wanted to post an update for those who might look for info in the future. I rebuilt both inner axle joints and replaced both compliance bushings and still had the vibration between 50-60 MPH. It ended up being the ball bearing on the halfshaft. Now the drive is smooth. If you are having vibration problems I would bring the car to a good shop and have them diagnose the problem, I was going by what I read online and at the end it cost me more than if I would have just brought it to a shop in the first place.

·
flashprroooooo!!!
2,660 Posts
i seemed to have developed the same issue as described here. i just did a road trip to canada in my tsx (2007 AT, about 70K). going uphill around 60-70 produced a lot of vibration. i feel a slight shuddering at lower speeds, maybe 20-30 rpm, when the tranny goes to 2nd.

after the trip, it hasn't been as bad. some slight shuddering up some hills, relatively smooth for the most part unless i'm hitting that lower speed/rpm range or going uphill.

i guess my question would be what's the most cost-effective approach to fixing this as it it seems the CV joint is the popular consensus, but there are some people saying various axles that were replaced helped too. i don't have all the tools and resources to get this done, but i'm thinking of maybe starting with the cv kits and bringing them to a shop or the stealership to be replaced unless someone can recommend a trustworthy shop in queens/LI. thanks.

·
Registered
2 Posts
HEY EVERYONE IM HAVING AN ISSUE WHERE THE PASSENGER AXLE COMES APART WHEN MAKING A UTURN.. THE INNER PARTS SIDES OUT LIKE IF THE AXLE IS TOO SHORT.. ONLY THING I DID TO THE CAR WAS LOWER IS 2 INCHES

61 - 70 of 70 Posts