Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have a 04 tsx 6 speed and I can't put the shifter into any gear without forcing it. Even when it's turned off I can't move the shifter. I replaced the shift cables but it's the same. Shifter box seems ok when it's not on cables. I installed a CT short shifter about 3 years ago so I don't believe it could be that. I can turn car on fine and don't hear any grinding from clutch. I replaced it about a year ago. Any help would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Base on what you're saying, I suspect the problem could be with your clutch hydraulic system or the throw out bearing itself. If I were in your shoes, I would check the following:
  1. First go underneath the dash to see if your clutch pedal isn't cracked.
  2. If that checks out fine, try bleeding your clutch slave cylinder.
  3. If that doesn't help, issue could be your throw out bearing going out. Had a similar issue a couple years ago and replacing the clutch and throw out bearing solved the problem.
If you have issues with a creaking clutch or pedal being stuck to the floor, then you would likely need to replace the clutch master cylinder.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So I finally got around to replacing the clutch master cylinder the slave cylinder the shifter box and it still won't go in any gear. It's stuck in gear right now. I will be replacing the clutch, throw out bearing, and the flywheel. Hopefully that will fix it. I really miss my car lol

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I finally replaced my clutch throw out bearing flywheel and it's still acting the same it will turn on but it won't go into gear smoothly. Even when it's off I have a hard time putting it in gear. I'm going to try to adjust the screw for the Master cylinder that connects to my clutch pedal and bleed the slave but I'm all out of ideas. Any help would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
887 Posts
Stupid question, but did you effectively bleed the system? These cars can be tricky to get bled correctly. Gravity bleeding is going to be your friend.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts