Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is the actual craigslist ad:

Acura TSX 2004
159,000 miles
Fully Loaded - Only thing it does not have is Navigation System
This car is in great shape inside and outside. Very well maintained!...$6000

Should I buy a tsx with this high mileage?
Is this a good price or should I pay less?

·
Donating TSXCLUB Member
880 Posts
I think its a good price too but due to the infamous ac issue, do you have spare cash in case that goes ?

·
DC2 to CL9
85 Posts
I've never seen this price either. If a mechanic gets it checked out without any serious issues, I think you've found yourself a gem. Sure it has some common issues, but with the money you'll be saving, upgrade the parts with some good aftermarket options. Aside from the '04 common issues, at 160k I would imaging you need new shocks, axles, bushings, etc.

Thinking about it some more, I'm seeing some flags being raised. Get a report from Carfax and Autocheck before purchasing. It might be salvaged as the price is a bit too good IMHO. And also, the guy drove it for 9k miles and wants to sell? Fishy.

Oh, and I forgot to add... the AC problem could be fixed by Acura. I believe there is a pending lawsuit, but I don't know the details because I didn't read into it since I have an '07. Look at the common problems forum and it will be pinned there.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Spoke with the owner yesterday. He bought the tsx certified through the acura dealer with 9k miles on it. It has never been in an accident and has a clear title as well. I'm going to take a look at it tonight and see what happens.

I will ask the seller about the issues and recalls on the tsx...hopefully it has been all fixed.

·
super nerd
184 Posts
He bought the tsx certified through the acura dealer with 9k miles on it.
It couldn't have been Acura certified. Here are the conditions by Acura:

"To be called an Acura, every vehicle has to meet an uncompromising set of standards. In the case of an Acura Certified Pre-Owned vehicle, that means it’s less than 6 years old, has less than 80,000 miles and has passed a meticulous 150-point inspection. In addition, it comes with a 12-month/12,000-mile Certified Limited Warranty and an extensive Roadside Assistance program. Find your Certified Pre-Owned Acura at a dealer in your area."

·
*Metalhead*
2,657 Posts
It couldn't have been Acura certified. Here are the conditions by Acura:

"To be called an Acura, every vehicle has to meet an uncompromising set of standards. In the case of an Acura Certified Pre-Owned vehicle, that means it’s less than 6 years old, has less than 80,000 miles and has passed a meticulous 150-point inspection. In addition, it comes with a 12-month/12,000-mile Certified Limited Warranty and an extensive Roadside Assistance program. Find your Certified Pre-Owned Acura at a dealer in your area."
He means it was "certified" when the current owner purchased it. It then only had 9,000 miles and I'm sure it was several years ago.

I say jump on it if it looks and drives good. My 2004 was purchased brand new in October of 2004 and now has 115,000 miles on it. No issues other then replacement of the power steering rack $600 and APP sensor $140 replaced by me.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
When to look at it tonight, it's a two owner, he bought it certified used at acura dealer with 9k miles. All the issues have been fix. I ran a carfax and it has a clear title with no accidents.

I bought the car for $5500...just need a few minor things, might need to spend about another $300-$500 into the car. Should be worth it.

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts
Excellent negotiation skills, that's a great deal. You'll probably have to put some money into it, nevertheless it's well worth the purchase

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.