Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The driver's side wiper on my car is always leaving smear marks on the windshield. I tried replacing the wipers of course and that didn't help so then I changed the entire wiper arm on the drivers side and it is still leaving smears on the windshield. I couldn't find any TSB's for this issue so any knowledge on how to repair this would be great.

·
I love my CL9!
4,068 Posts
Are you using the OEM wiper blades with the replaceable inserts? Those are always streak free for me.

·
150 Posts
As Willy18 said - are you using OE Acura parts?

Also, just to be sure we're all on the same page, the OE parts are: rubber refills/inserts, blades, and arms.

Did you replace the arm or the blade? OE or aftermarket? Not all aftermarket blades will work with the block/guide/stop (the black rectangular piece on the arm) on the 04-05 driver side arm. For example, aftermarket "winter" blades will not fit/work on the OE driver's side due to the guide.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The original wiper arm was the stock wiper arm that came on the car from the factory. I replaced it with another wiper arm off of a totalled Tsx which also had a stock wiper arm. The only thing that isn't factory is the wiper itself, they are Michelin wiper blades.

·
150 Posts
The first thing I would do would be to replace the aftermarket blades with the correct OE blades for the 04/05 TSX.

Or, if you wanted to go one step further, install the 06-08 arms, with a set of the correct OE blades for 06-08.

After numerous Hondas, 3 G2 Legends, and 2 G1 TSXes, I found the OE wiper components offered the best results. I even use Legend blades on my chevy truck now, because they work great and are refillable.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Is there a specific brand that I should use or should I just get a pair of wiper blades from my Acura dealership?

·
I love my CL9!
4,068 Posts
The OEM ones from the dealership are the best. After you get the OEM blades, you can replace the rubber inserts whenever they start to streak. With aftermarket blades, you can't replace the rubber. You have to buy new blades which is a lot more expensive. The inserts from the dealership are like half the price of aftermarket blades and they clean better.

·
150 Posts
Look up the exact parts you need online and order by part number. That way you know exactly what you are getting and at what price.

Some sources -

acuraoemparts.com - Delray
curryacuraparts.com - Curry
oemacuraparts.com - Peoria

Then you can buy local or buy online from a dealer that discounts, such as those above.

The OE/OEM wiper parts will be honda packaged parts with a red label and honda part number. Anything else is aftermarket/repro.

My last few experiences with buying from my local honda/acura dealers were disappointing, as they tried to price gouge at 2X the list price of the small items I purchased. That's why knowing the OE list/discounted price is important when buying local. This new local dealer customer "pricing" I'm seeing needs to be the topic of another "stealership" discussion, however.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts