Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone so this is the second time this has happened. Previously it went away, but about 10 months later its back. So I have noticed when I am driving my 2004 TSX 6 speed on the highway I feel some hesitation almost like the car is going to die, though it keeps driving and It never gets to the point where I have to pull over and when I throw the cruise on it rides smoothly with zero issues.

Though when the VSA and Triangle light come on the car is very jerky in first and second gear and acts like I just started driving stick, though its not me its the car. On the highway the car looses power and almost feels like its going to die, it has power then no power and you have to really feather the gas pedal so it drives smooth. Also at times I press the gas upon going through the gears I find that it doesn't have power and is a delayed accelerating response. I am wondering if this could be some sort of electrical issue or possibly my coils, I replaced my plugs 20,000 miles ago it currently has 118k on it. I did some searching on here and could not find the acceleration issue with the warning lights, please help.

·
Premium Member
2,513 Posts
Though when the VSA and Triangle light come on the car is very jerky in first and second gear and acts like I just started driving stick, though its not me its the car.
Pshhh thats what they all say :p

Sounds like the APP or TPS sensor. The APP sensor is replaceable the TPS is not and youll need to replace the whole TB. See if you can have a autoparts store run a sensor test on your TB and APP sensor, with the key in the on position you should be able to press the throttle, the diag test should report a smooth percentage change, if it jumps around or moves unevenly than you found your issue.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Sounds like the APP or TPS sensor. The APP sensor is replaceable the TPS is not and youll need to replace the whole TB. See if you can have a autoparts store run a sensor test on your TB and APP sensor, with the key in the on position you should be able to press the throttle, the diag test should report a smooth percentage change, if it jumps around or moves unevenly than you found your issue.
Haha, thanks I will have this checked out today. I was talking to my father about it and he recommended some fuel treatment. Though the car does not sputter while idling, or when the cruise is on. Also the TPS and triangle lights have gone off. So this is a total of only 3 times they have come on. When they come on in most cases I just have to turn the car off, wait about a minute, and when I turn it on they go away and stay off.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
A new APP sensor is on its way, I plan on installing it this week! Found out the Shaking is due to a lower right control arm that is loose. Also bushings need to be replaced.

Any recommendations on lower control arms? Go OEM, or name brand aftermarket? And for front bushings, what are needed are there top and bottom or just a single set? I am going to do some searching on here to..

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
APP sensor was toast, its all good now : ) minus the rattling, shaking and clanking in the front. Car is going in for inspection this weekend so I'm sure they will figure everything out.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Right lower control arm bushings were toast. I replaced it with a fully loaded new control arm, along with a new sway bar link thing. No more squeaking. Car passed inspection, shop could not do alignment due to left side upper ball joint starting to get loose.

The car still shakes upon acceleration at 55-59 mph, will instantly go away once the clutch is engaged, transmission or axle related issue???

·
Registered
1 Posts

1 - 9 of 9 Posts