Acura TSX Forum banner

04 NHBP Daily and functional build. NO HELLAFLUSH!!!!

6K views 17 replies 12 participants last post by  AliGhanizad 
#1 ·
So I am AliGhanizad, I think two or three people here know me from s2ki etc but I am really active on this forum as much as others. I have come to the point that I think my tsx is pretty much where I want it to be so wanted to post a build thread of it so I can show the overall progress of the car.

I bought the car about less than a year ago from an old couple after I sold my s2000 and I wanted a nice car. Did not want to modify it or do anything since I "thought" I was done with cars for a while.

^That's how she looked, 04 with about 140k miles on her.

First mod was 35% tint, but not sure. It was the second lightest tint. I didn't want anything crazy.

Felt an amazing difference, car felt more calm and relaxing inside.

So it was all good, until the mod bug hit me after owning the car for about a month or two. First mod was the 18" HFP wheels then I swapped the Tein SSP's from my Accord to the TSX, along with the TL-S rear sway bar. :)

^Needed to be raised up a bit.

I usually cruise on the canyons with the fellow car enthusiasts on the weekends too.

^Ortega

Next mod was blacked out headlights, I kind of miss the original look though :(

Got her detailed for the first time.

Brakes upgraded:
SS Lines,
Hawk HP+ Pads
EBC Slotted rotors up front, blanks in the rear.
ATE Super Blue fluid

A rolling shot captured on my way to Palomar.

Chilling with the sedans on top of Palomar after the tight side, waiting to go on the high speed section.

^I almost shitted my pants here because my coolant started leaking. Found out that I had overfilled the reservoir :p

A cool shot thanks to Randy

That's all the pics on my imageshack for now. I'll upload the latest ones and hopefully post more tomorrow. I hope you all enjoy it :)

See less See more
#2 ·
tasteful mods all round mate!

looks great, bet it stops and handles well too.

#3 ·
Then one day, I got real crazy and did a full paint correction on the car. Well the whole car minus the front end since it need to be repainted due to the bad repair job of a few rashes by the last owner.

Before:

During:

Afters:

Then a few days later, I took the car in for a fresh paint job on the front end since the old paint was oxidized and very dull. I guess the last owner got his check from insurance for the rashes on the hood etc but didn't want to spend all of it on the repairs haha. While I was at it, I also refinished my wheels since the HP+ pads had eaten the clear coat off pretty badly.

Back home with Moe's S2000 and TSX's everyday rival haha

And these are a couple of raw shots from a quick photoshoot we did.

Support BreastCancerAwareness with Andy's NSX

#4 ·
Phorist, thanks buddy. I got my first import at age of 17 and had done a lot of mistakes AKA ricer mods lol. Learned my mistake and wanted the TSX to be as class and functional as possible.

Handles and brakes as good? Ummmmm sure does!!!

^Pic taken at Buttonwillow racetrack. It was my first track day so time was super slow but the car did amazingly well. No brake fade, no issues. And drove me back home like champ!!

#5 ·
Your car is coming along nicely but if I could make a suggestion I would go with the EBC pads too next time. The stopping power is great but the dust is far less then the Hawks. Hawks work great but the amount of dust the y generate is ridiculous. For my money the EBC's were every bit as good.

#10 ·
AngryAgent, I was thinking about buying EBC pads but didn't hear anything so special about them .Which compound do you recommend. I don't really mind the dust as long as I had a good bite and the pads can witstand a lot of heat. The HP+s do that without any problems. I was thinking about going OEM pads for street and Carbotechs XP10s on the track but thats for my M3 haha.

@Everyone else, thank you for liking it. I am actually surprised at the fact that no one has told me about changing my wheels to some herrafrush crap lol. I would always choose function>form. I rather go fast than look fast/cool and park my car in a parking lot for shows smh. 235f/215r tire setup makes the car pretty tail happy too haha.

#14 ·
I again thank you all for liking my build. And yes I think I did have good priorities during this build. My first priority was maintenance then all focus was on function after than. When the car is running the way it ran when it was new, and it functions the way its supposed to, it automatically looks good.

And for me the best stance is on the car that has the most tire under its fenders ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.