Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently had some body work done on my 04 tsx and ever since the driver side door lock doesn't work if the car is turned off. On top of that, both remotes don't work either. I had both of the remotes reprogrammed (paid acura $75 before I realized I could just do it myself) and they only hold the programming for approx. 30 seconds before they stop working again. They work again after I turn the key to the start position.

What's weird is after I do that the driver door lock button works too. Both the lock button and the key fobs seem to cut out at the same time, but if I'm constantly locking/unlocking the doors everything stays connected. It's only after I stop using the remote or the door lock for 30 seconds that everything cuts out.

Does anybody have any thoughts? I think it may be something to do with the actuator.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I have a similar issue with my 2008. Not sure if it's a bad ground, corrosion on the terminals, etc. One of these days I'll pull out the kick panel to see if anything looks out of the ordinary. I've been using the key to unlock the car for a couple years now, and would love to hear the solution before I start looking...lol

Good luck!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts