Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Picked up a 04 TSX a few months back. 220k on odometer. Basic tune and fluid changes when I got it. Son was driving to store and he said the car just stopped moving and rpm ran up. Then when rpm’s dropped. It caught went a little. Then wouldn’t get back into gear. He coasted in neutral, shut it off. Then started it and it moved just fine a few blocks. Then stalled completely. So I get there 30 min later. Hop it and it almost takes me home. No noise nothing. But it starts to slip again. Drain the fluid. I had extra. To flush some. Start it. Sounds good. Take off. Shifts fine. Get on hiway and gun it. Runs fine till we come to a stop a few miles down. Then it starts to wine and slip. But we make it home. Put in park and it made a clunking sound. Ideas. I’m about to tear it apart or junk the car. But for what I got it for may be worth the fix. Ideas!??
Throttle position sensor - a $45 part on Amazon...a 15 minute job you can do yourself with simple hand tools.

I had the same problem with my '06 at 130,000 miles, when my mechanic told me the transmission would 'fail' when I got to that mileage.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.