Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Proud TSX Owner
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys, the time has come to part with my TSX. I'm 36, getting married, and I think I hit my midlife crisis early as I just bought a 370Z.:laugh:

The TSX is a 2004 Carbon Gray Pearl. 6MT with navi. 71,000 miles. I purchased the car as an Acura CPO with 25k on it, so, there's roughly 29k and 1 year left on the CPO powertrain warranty. I'm the 2nd owner. Car is 100% stock, never modded. Aside from all factory options, it's equipped with factory all season mats, trunk mat, and rear spoiler. Also included in the sale are a set of Bridgestone Blizzak winter tires on dedicated steel wheels. The car has seen some snow but mostly I drive my truck in the winter. If the buyer is from a non-snow state, I'll keep the snows and knock $250 off the price.

This car has been an absolute pleasure to own and drive. I have had no problems with it what so ever. All regular maintenance has been performed. Repairs to date have all been normal wear/replacement items that you would expect to encounter over the course of 70,000 miles (fluids, belts, brakes, tires, and battery). The recent power steering hose recall has been performed. The car has no issues other than a bulb that needs to be replaced in the passenger side heated seat switch. Both the exterior and interior of the car are in top notch shape. No accidents, no rust, no major dents, (one small parking lot ding). There are some scrapes on the lower sections of the front and rear bumper, courtesy of the previous owner. You have to really look to see them. I can certainly provide pics of them if needed. Wheels are stock and have a little bit of curb rash which I can also provide pics of. Again, previous owner. She was evidently not the most cautious of drivers.

Overall, I'd give the exterior a 9 out of 10 for a car with 71K on it. The car is totally rust free with the exception of the heat shield around the cat whose spot welds rusted out. As nice as the exterior is, the interior is even better. I'm a non smoker with no kids so the car is fresh and clean; no Cheetos crushed into the carpet! The factory carpeted floor mats are under the all weather mats and have never been used.

I've really done my best to maintain the car and keep it as clean as possible. Also trying to do my best to give you all the good and the bad points in this post. If there's any pics or other details that I can add, please just let me know.

I'm located about 30 minutes north of Boston. Local NE folks are welcome to come by to see the car. if you are non-local and are interested, I'm very willing to work with you on shipping and transport arrangements. Buyer is to pay all shipping costs, but I am willing to drive the car up to 50 miles to drop it off at whatever transporter you arrange with. I've used DAS in the past and was quite happy with them.

The car is currently listed on Cars.Com and the New Hampshire Craig's List for $13.5k. For a fellow TSX enthusiast, I can go down to $12.5k.

Please post up or PM me with any questions or if you'd like to come have a look.

Dave

· , Regional Meet Leader, Chicago
1,706 Posts
car looks very clean and well maintained ... i've been looking for a TSX for a few months now and i wouldn't be inclined to pay too much over 10k for this. Maybe it's just the market in my area, but even on national sites... for a private sale it'd be too much $ for me to consider.

· Proud TSX Owner
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Understood. Thanks for the feedback!

I had a dealership offer me $9,800 for it, so, $10k seems to be about the going rate in this area for trade in. KBB and Edmunds TMV all have it pegged around $12k on average for private party sale. None of that amounts to anything though if the market won't pay it. Afterall, it's only worth what the market will pay.

I just put it up on autotrader and am going to post some flyers at work. If I had know it was going to be this hard to sell I would have just traded it in on the Z and saved myself the hassle. Oh well, live and learn.

I'm in the market for a crew cab Nissan Frontier to be my winter vehicle so maybe I'll just trade the TSX in on that. Still, taking less than $10k for it on trade just seems like a crime.

· , Regional Meet Leader, Chicago
1,706 Posts
yeah i def. wouldn't take less than 10 on a trade, you need it to be enough to save enough on the tax of the new vehicle.

if you were around 50k miles, i would say 12 is very doable. I personally would pay 105-107 for it. Since i've been shopping, i have got some good prices under 12, with on avg. $1000 of mods, for something very similar. But i will grant you it looks alot cleaner on the inside than others i've seen, especially the leather condition.

well glws!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.