Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've done some searching on this and seem to be coming up w/ mixed reviews. What I've read so far is that you can just wire RCAs straight to the speaker wires on the fronts, rears, and 6x9 subs. I've also read you should just use the speaker level inputs on your amps (I already have the amps, and these plugs are long gone). Then I've read you should use aftermarket speaker level converters. I've also read that you can't use a JL Audio CleanSweep on this car.

What is the real deal w/ these? I have a 2004 w/ the factory navigation and in dash 6 disc cd changer. I have a cleansweep from my previous car already. I want to do a complete system using a 4 channel amp for the doors and a 2 channel amp for a pair of subs.

The CleanSweep seemed the logical way since I already have it, and it would give me an aux input.

Anyone here done this w/ success?

·
Registered
136 Posts
you shouldn't need the clean sweep. as others have done i used a jl audio digital amp, it has balanced inputs that accepts the outputs the factory radio puts out before the amp. had this setup for about a year with no issues except the occasional slight hiss which is barely noticable above volume 1..

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
you shouldn't need the clean sweep. as others have done i used a jl audio digital amp, it has balanced inputs that accepts the outputs the factory radio puts out before the amp. had this setup for about a year with no issues except the occasional slight hiss which is barely noticable above volume 1..
Unfortunately that would require buying 2 new amps, which I don't really want to do. I already have 2 Kicker amps that I used on my old system, but I no longer have the speaker level input plugs. I'm sure I could find the plugs somewhere cheap, but that still doesn't solve the aux input I desire.

Also, did you use an aux at all w/ your system? I don't want to use an FM modulator, they never work as well as a direct audio input. I travel a lot so I would also be dealing w/ station interferance a lot when going from city to city.

Is it true that the factory door speakers (both front and rear) are not eq'd or crossed over at all? I've read mixed messages about this as well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.