Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 04 TSX door locks will not lock or unlock by hitting either the remote or the button on the doors....

has anyone experienced this? What is a way to trouble shoot this issue?

I don't want to take it to a shop and have them charge me $300 to diagnose and fix it....

I've heard that it could be both door actuators. How much do these parts run?

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
If it IS the actuators they cost $38 at the dealer and installing them isnt that hard.. theres a diy thread on that. But first i say check ur fuses, i think the door lock one is in under the dash fuse box.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If it IS the actuators they cost $38 at the dealer and installing them isnt that hard.. theres a diy thread on that. But first i say check ur fuses, i think the door lock one is in under the dash fuse box.
thanks man. I'll check out the DIY thread on it...

found a legit site for acura parts...

acuraoemparts.com...

only problem is they don't do refunds for electrical components so you better have the right part number!

·
Shouldaboughtahonda!
286 Posts
I just started a thread similiar, my locks and remote don't work outside the car, but when I have it running the door power bottom will unlock and lock. My fuses are good so far...

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Donating TSXCLUB Member
880 Posts
im doing the passenger side this weekend.. it is quite annoying when it rains and you gotta run to open the door for the passenger..

·
ridiculously good looking
646 Posts
im doing the passenger side this weekend.. it is quite annoying when it rains and you gotta run to open the door for the passenger..
Cant you just put the key in on the driver's side and then turn the key in the unlock direction twice to unlock all of the doors?

·
Shouldaboughtahonda!
286 Posts
Hell my door locks don't work at all unless the key is on. I think I have an accessory short. No idea actually...

·
Shouldaboughtahonda!
286 Posts
And my power trunk latch on the outside doesn't work now, nothing on my key fob, and map lights don't auto come on... But they will when pressed or when key is on

·
Donating TSXCLUB Member
880 Posts
Cant you just put the key in on the driver's side and then turn the key in the unlock direction twice to unlock all of the doors?
no, even the lever in the passenger door does not work when the actuators is out.. my fob opens all the doors except the passenger door

·
Shouldaboughtahonda!
286 Posts
That's weird cause my fob doesn't do anything. I'm thinking I might have lost more then just an actuator... Has anyone lost trunk pop button on fob when losing the actuator?

·
Donating TSXCLUB Member
880 Posts
so the 3 screw that holds the actuators, i manage to strip one.. those are in there tight.. even with the #3 philips its fving hard

·
, Regional Meet Leader, Chicago
1,706 Posts
you will most likely strip them if you don't have the right tools or patience... i know i did and i didnt care it was easier to strip them and take them out and just replace with new screws for $2

fyi i don't believe the actuator is an actual electric component and it should cost you under $30 for each one

·
Donating TSXCLUB Member
880 Posts
They were so strip even with the #3 screw driver... that was suggested in the video, it was useless for me..

I found a #3 philips bit on that i put on my 1/2 driver, so basically since i need to drive, i took 1 screw out of each door and place it in the front passenger door till the new set of screws come.. i end up ordering 6 for 99 cent each because this is the 2nd time the actuator went out.

Using a #3 philips bit on a ratchet is far superior. took me 1 hours to strip 3 screws, using the ratchet and leverage. Each screw came out with ease, don't even need to struggle.. i tested all the screws on the other 3 door, using a #3 screwdriver, non of the screws budge, using ratchet, it was cake

Overall with the instructions and figuring out what screws to unscrew, it took about 2 hours. wasting time trying to get those screws out the door took like 3 hours, looking for tools, driving to home depot to buy a drill out bit, etc.

So use a ratchet with #3 philips bit, it saves so much time

·
Registered
3 Posts
That's weird cause my fob doesn't do anything. I'm thinking I might have lost more then just an actuator... Has anyone lost trunk pop button on fob when losing the actuator?

I know this is an old thread but i'm having a similar issue with my door locks that you're describing. Everything works find while the ignition is on but once the car is off and someone opens a door the key fob and driver door lock button cut out. Did you ever figure out what the cause was?

·
TSX of the Month Winner
2,569 Posts
it seems like my lock actuator is dead! This morning when I try to unlock my car with the remote, it didn't unlock the driver door but the rest 3 doors are fine. So I use the key to unlock the driver door without a problem and get into the car, I able to lock & unlock with the power lock button with any issue. And then after I reached the train station, I won't able to lock the car with the remote now. And this time all door didn't lock. But I can feel it try to lock but seems like not strong enough to lock it. So I doubt it will be run out of remote battery. So is it really the lock actuator?

·
Registered
176 Posts
Replaced my driver side about a year ago. The passenger side is looking weak and perhaps will be next. Driver side goes 1st as it gets a lot more action due to the other doors opening on 2nd click only. Was so upset at Honda. My local mechanic fixed it fairly quickly - no need to go to the stealership. Too bad I didn't know about the DIY video then :( Cost me like an hour of labor from him, but looking at the DIY video it looks like it was worth it. Looks like a hassle to do.

·
Registered
292 Posts
I just discovered my passenger door isn't locking with the fob.
Only had the car six weeks and I wondered why the indicators didn't flash when locking and unlocking.
It seems it's because the passenger door has been unlocked the whole time! At least I still have my wallet!

So now I locked the passenger door manually, and the lights flash when locking and unlocking, but the passenger door won't unlock with the fob.

I guess the actuator is cactus.

·
My car whines
637 Posts
honda door lock actuators seem to go bad very often... replaced both on my civic and now my driver side actuator is about to die since it whines like a little b*tch in cold weather lol

1 - 20 of 23 Posts