Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought it and didn't realize the low beam headlights are not working. All fuses check ok. The inboard white bulb is lit on high but has no power to it on low. (I pulled the connector and tested with a volt meter) Am I checking the right place? I see the outboard lights have a high voltage warning on the cover. Are these the HID bulbs that I see posts about? This is all new to me so any help would be appreciated.

·
, Chief SuperModerator, Info Center / Car Care & D
5,036 Posts
You probably have a really messy problem here.

I'm assuming both low beams are out, otherwise you would have mentioned one working. Since both are out, it's unusual that both could be burned out. But buy a pair of ebay or DDM Tuning bulbs (D2S) for around 15 bucks to test it out. They're cheap so you won't take any hit on your wallet. They always come in pair so it's a win-win for you in this case.

Are you familiar with swapping out HID bulbs? If not, this thread helped me greatly:

http://www.tsxclub.com/forums/1st-gen-electronics/12274-how-replace-hid-bulbs-see-posts-4-11-a.html

If the new bulbs don't work, then we can blame the ballast. But then again, very unusual for both ballast to go bad. After that you can blame some wiring, fuse, blah blah. A headache.

·
iVTEC no koe
1,913 Posts
If you just bought the car, take it back to the dealer or the garage that issued the safety certification. A car that doesn't have functional low-beams (HID), shouldn't be able to pass.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I just bought it and didn't realize the low beam headlights are not working. All fuses check ok. The inboard white bulb is lit on high but has no power to it on low. (I pulled the connector and tested with a volt meter) Am I checking the right place? I see the outboard lights have a high voltage warning on the cover. Are these the HID bulbs that I see posts about? This is all new to me so any help would be appreciated.
Did you ever get this fixed

1 - 5 of 5 Posts