Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello , i have a 04 tsx that was in a hit n run , after the accident the car began to over heat , so it was parked and the Radiator to be replaced , however it sat until the Radiator , spark plugs , thermostat , and hoses were placed on the car.
After every thing was put on the car it started once and was fine , but now the car will not start at all , sometimes lights pop up when the key is placed in ignition but when the Headlights r turnt on it looks as if they are not getting enough power or keeping a steady current they are dim but trying to turn on and go in and out.
Ima mom of 2 who knows nothing about cars just miss riding in my baby need help
Also after accident the break lights began having to need replacing every week. And it started making a buzzing noise it never made before when the remote is pressed.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Is the charging system still working? The alternator may have been damaged and isn't charging the battery. Does the battery drain if you drive it awhile? Is it throwing any CELs on the dash?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is the charging system still working? The alternator may have been damaged and isn't charging the battery. Does the
battery drain if you drive it awhile? Is it throwing any CELs on the dash?
Before it resorted to sitting while waiting for parts the car acted like it wouldnt want to turn over it would start but after a few tries .

It was running hot so i let it sit to be worked on but after the parts were all put on running hot wasnt the problem .
And what r CELS ? The lights on the dash ?

·
Registered
672 Posts
a CEL is a check engine light. If the car is throwing one, a parts store like autozone can let you use their scanner to diagnose it and see what codes its throwing.

To test the charging system take a voltmeter and test the positive and negative terminals while the car is running. Should be above 14volts.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
2 Participants
TSXXXX
Acura TSX Forum
TSX Club is the perfect forum for Acura TSX fans and Owners, where you can discuss concerns about reliability or how to upgrade your TSX with mods and accessories.
Full Forum Listing