Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Car not starting...any suggestions?? - YouTube

Sooo, my car's not starting! FML!!!
Ok, well as you see in the vid, it does actually turn on. However, it's almost like the engine is not getting a steady supply of gas to stay on. I've checked the fuel-pump fuse, reset the battery, and still no-go. If anyone has any suggestions, I would LOVE to hear from you:D

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmm...thanks, ill look into that.
My car has 136K miles on it. I was kinda thinking that the fuel-filter might be clogged, but after reading several posts; apparently the filter is non-serviceable, and SHOULD last for the life of the car. We'll see..

·
-
1,623 Posts
The video is helpful.

Your CEL is staying on. The 1st step is to read the error code(s) and proceed from there.
If you don't have an OBDII code reader, it's highly recommended that you purchase one. Very useful device that can be used on all cars.

The engine seems to be cranking fine so your battery seems to be ok but you should check the battery voltage with a voltmeter anyway.

Any smoke out the tailipipes when it finally starts. Black, white, blue??

Your oil pressure seems to be fine by the warning light on the dash but always check your oil level every time you are under the hood.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks! and yes, I definitely need to invest into a reader! Apparently, autozone nor oreilly no longer rents them out.
I think i might have found the problem.....After replacing the spark plugs, i figured i would go ahead and check the spark plug coils, and lo and behold, coil #3 was malfunctioning. It wasn't sparking upon starting.
I'm not 100% sure this is my problem just yet, but i'll update this thread once my replacement comes in, and I finish switching it out:D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts