Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I got an 04 Acura TSX. Recently I lowered the car with ff type 1 coilovers. After install, I noticed that ONLY on turns I would hear what sounds like a bolt or nut go from one side of the car to the other side. Regardless of which way I turn the wheel. Sound is definately coming from the front. I have searched everywhere online cannot find anything that relates. Wondering if anyone ran into the same problem. I have lifted the car on several occassions afterwards to see if I can find the culprit but I cant find anything wrong with it at all.

It affects no performance, or the turning or anything. Its just a very very annoying sound. If I turn slow enough, there is no noise. Like a metal on metal sorta noise that comes from it. and specifically coming from Front end.

Any ideas greatly appreciated !

:eek:hsnap:

·
From Nissan to Honda
2,170 Posts
i had a rattling noise that made my car feel loose..at times it would constantly rattle other times rarely. This, as soon as I installed my buddy club n+ coilovers. NO specific side, sometimes more present on driver side other times on passenger side.

Turns out my swaybar endlinks were SHOT in the front, so much play I could move them with my fingers.

Good some MOOG ones and the car feels composed. :)

·
Registered
49 Posts
Do you have a front camber kit? The Ingalls front kit is known to rub.

Check the bolts on the top hat of the coilover.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No camber kit, Will check top hat bolts, but last time I checked everything was as it should be.

About the sway links. It could be this but im not sure. My front right side is already replaced with a moog serviceable end link. the left side is stock. Someone else was telling me this, but when I checked they are pretty stiff. Its like a bolt thats stuck somewhere and it rolls around on heavy turns. But I will check the endlinks,

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, sorry guys.

The sound went away? :S i dont know when. But its gone it doesnt do it no more lol. Most likely a rock stuck under the subframe or something.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Yeah, sorry guys.

The sound went away? :S i dont know when. But its gone it doesnt do it no more lol. Most likely a rock stuck under the subframe or something.
Same thing with me.... The sound just stopped after 3 weeks :surprised

1 - 7 of 7 Posts