Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
SSR TSX
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
all my gears shift smooth but for some reason my reverse grinds. as of right now before i turn on my car i have it in reverse. it doesnt grind when my cars off. there are times that my reverse doesnt grind when my car is on but most times itll grind. SOMETimes the grind sound is pretty nasty ~_~

planning to take to mechanic soon

any help on this problems will be appreciated!

·
Premium Member
2,513 Posts
Take your clutch and pump in 5-10 times, than put in reverse does it still grind? If it does than Id say the gear or linkages are messed up. I forget if our trans has a reverse syncro.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Rarely is it ever your links, just do a tranny flush. And flush your clutch fluid. As for tranny fluid using a synthetic fluid as redline or royal purple will be a good choice. Synchromesh will help your gears smoothly engage.

·
Premium Member
2,513 Posts
Rarely is it ever your links, just do a tranny flush. And flush your clutch fluid. As for tranny fluid using a synthetic fluid as redline or royal purple will be a good choice. Synchromesh will help your gears smoothly engage.
Just because it rarely happens doesnt mean it cant....

On a stock trans just use Honda MTF theres no reason to use anything else, its very good fluid many guys even run 500+ through a trans with honda mtf. I highly doubt trans fluid has anything to do with it since its only one gear. Its most likely a bad gear or syncro, or the slave is being lazy on him, or water or air in the line.

·
SSR TSX
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
flushing my clutch fluid, do you mean changing the fluid?? sorry im new to this ._.

·
SSR TSX
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just because it rarely happens doesnt mean it cant....

On a stock trans just use Honda MTF theres no reason to use anything else, its very good fluid many guys even run 500+ through a trans with honda mtf. I highly doubt trans fluid has anything to do with it since its only one gear. Its most likely a bad gear or syncro, or the slave is being lazy on him, or water or air in the line.
at times reverse was butter smooth then other times it would just grind

·
Premium Member
2,513 Posts
By flushing yes he means changing, Its the same as bleeding brakes, you keep adding fluid and pumping until you see perfectly clear liquid with no bubbles.

Did you try pumping the clutch a few times before putting it into reverse? What happens?

·
SSR TSX
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
By flushing yes he means changing, Its the same as bleeding brakes, you keep adding fluid and pumping until you see perfectly clear liquid with no bubbles.

Did you try pumping the clutch a few times before putting it into reverse? What happens?
i did this and it grinded but barely like barelyyyyyyyyyyyy lol

·
DC2 to CL9
85 Posts
The same thing happens to my '98 Integra GS-R. I already have Penzoil Synchromesh tranny fluid, and before that I had Honda MTF. No difference before and after changing the fluid, but it doesn't happen often. Don't know if it is the same issue, but sometimes it just won't go into gear (1st or reverse) so I either do what MAG does or release the clutch in neutral and try again.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts