Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

My wife has 04 TSX 6sp with Nav. About a month ago it started to ask to enter the code. Here is the trick: I KNOW THE CODE. After I enter it, everything works fine. If the car is off for a short time, after start usually the Nav works fine too.

However after overnight parking with about 90% chance it does it again:
- shows a green progress bar and "updating software. Do not turn off engine" message
- after 30 sec to a minute, asks to enter the code.

And sure, after the code is entered, we are fine for a day again.

I will tell right away: the car starts just fine, we never had a "dead battery" problem. The battery is about 3-4 years old and it is some expensive brand (don't remember the name, but it's all yellow and cool looking).

Did you see such behavior before? What to do? (Well, besides paying a dealer $$$$)

Thank you for any ideas.
Alex

·
Pistol Grip Pump
184 Posts
Mine used to do that quite often. It got to the point where I would put in the code and the system would just stay stuck at the Acura splash screen. Turned out that the DVD unit for the navigation system was going out and had to send it out to Alpine for repairs. Seems to happen a lot for the 04.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.