Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Car Detail Freak!!!
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does the price sound good? $32,500, or I can work it down more? I went to the dealership and test drove a 6speed, and its so nice and quiet. I'm impressed :) Im going to sell my 02 RSX Type S.
Anyways here is the options for the car I want $32,500
A-spec package without suspension kit
Fog lights
Cargo Net
All season floor mats
Door edge trim

·
Car Detail Freak!!!
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Oh yeah, a 30k TSX is a lot, but I rather buy it with options and dress it up, rather than getting a TL and not having options and looking plain. Too expensive. Thats just me :ben:

·
, Moderator Emeritus
1,514 Posts
To really evaluate a deal, we'd need a little more info. Is that the out-the-door price including fees and taxes? I'm assuming this is US dollars....

Here's how I see it.....

Invoice on that car is $27,175.00

I bought on '04 Navi for less than $27K. Invoice was a few hundred less then, and the dealers also have the 3% holdback. Dealers really move on them in this area though. Let's say you could do $800 over invoice; that would be $28,000. Then you've got sales tax and reg, and maybe dealer fees. Let's be generous and say $2500, so you'd be $30,500 out the door.

Now, what is an A-Spec package without the A-Spec suspension? Is it just the front and rear lip and side skirts, or does it include the A-Spec wheels as well?

You can get the aero kit for under $1k and put it on yourself; there was a group buy for $825 shipped. Very easy install. The wheels are available through Acura of Escondido for $1150 plus shipping; and you'd still have your factory wheels to use in the winter or to sell; your dealer might plan on keeping them. You could also get the A-Spec suspension for $600. The other stuff you listed is less than $500 total online.

Oh, and the door edge trim ruins the lines of the car; skip it-just don't swing your door into anything and you'll be fine. They also make a ding strip that's even uglier........

So if your deal includes the aero kit, the wheels, and all the fees, I'd say it looks pretty good. If not, then keep pushing them, or get it stripped and do it yourself.

Good luck!

·
Car Detail Freak!!!
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh yeah I forgot, the A spec includes the suspension. Yes its US $$ and all the aero kit, wheels etc.. that goes with the A spec, and I asked for $32,500 but not final. I'm looking for artic blue again or red with black interior.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
1,514 Posts
Macruz19 said:
Oh yeah I forgot, the A spec includes the suspension. Yes its US $$ and all the aero kit, wheels etc.. that goes with the A spec, and I asked for $32,500 but not final. I'm looking for artic blue again or red with black interior.
$32,500 out the door? That would be a good deal.........

·
Car Detail Freak!!!
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I hope it is when I get the deal.

·
Car Detail Freak!!!
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well I'm going to wait for the 2006 models. Looks like there is a "slight power increase" on the TSX, and maybe a few other changes.

·
Donating TSXCLUB Member
629 Posts
Macruz19 said:
Anyways here is the options for the car I want $32,500
A-spec package without suspension kit
Fog lights
Cargo Net
All season floor mats
Door edge trim
Well, if I didn't get my extra accessories, I would of gotten my TSX w/ Nav for $27,393. Now if you purchased all the accessories above and install on your own, it would cost:

A-Spec Package: $3100 (Ebay)
Fog lights: $279.50 (Hondacuraworld)
Cargo Net: $24.70 (Hondacuraworld)
All season floor mats: $102.70 (Hondacuraworld)
Door edge trim: $54.60 (Hondacuraworld)

Total for Accessories: $3561.50

$27,393 + $3561.50 = $30,954.50

All of these items can be installed on your own except forthe door edge trim...don't know how you install that. You can save yourself like $3000 of installation if you did it on your own.

·
Car Detail Freak!!!
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah I know, but I don't have the time and some of the required tools to do that.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts